We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows 7 Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 compatibility with MS Works and Money

folaboss

Likes # 0

I'm currently using Windows XP and making a lot of use of MS Works Version 8.0 (2004)for various databases and also printing labels from these databases. Is this MS Works program compatible with Windows 7 (and 8)if and when I decide to buy a new machine? Same question for MS Money Version 14.0 120 1105 (2004). I also have a brilliant but ancient (1988 vintage, updated for Windows) MS-DOS "Masterfile" database by Campbell Systems (later taken over by Tower) which still works on XP - what about Windows 7 and 8?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Works 8 certainly works as I have it on Windows 7 64BIT, cannot help you with MS Money but I will say I have yet to come across any program that hasn't worked.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

MS Money works perfectly.

Like this post
KremmenUK

Likes # 0

The only thing you may need to do with Money is slipstream the latest version 1105 (if that's what your running) otherwise your existing files can't be read.

or

Start fresh and use the Money Sunset version

Like this post
folaboss

Likes # 0

As stated above I'm using Money 14.0 120 1105 so I should be OK, then? Not heard of the Sunset version. What is it?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Money 14.0 120 1105 is the same as mine it has been updated to 1105. When you reinstall Money 14 it has to be updated to 1105 when you first open it. If you do not update it you cannot open your old money restore files.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features