We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows 7 Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Received message " copy of Windows 7 not Genuine "

Redlegs

Likes # 0

Hi there my anticipated future helpers ! Received above cheerio about a week ago -- ignored it and carried on as I knew my version was indeed genuine -- have had it for three years. 2 days ago, after normal start up,the screen went blank -- actually black , and the only thing showing is the above message again ,with the notation " Build 7601 " Unable to get any thing to come up at all except " Task Master " reference which proved to be useless.So made the call to Microsoft - in Manila, and was able to convince them that my item was " genuine " --- however they then left me "in the lurch " saying I need to get in a tech guy, as the MS guy could not guide me out of my black screen situation, tho he gave me several ideas to try and pull up the "Start " button and get back in, So -- any ideas how I can get myself back to " Square One " ?? --- Computer was working AOK before this situation appeared --- let MS know I am not impressed -- they cause the problem , in my opinion , but I have to fix it !! Any advice will be greatly appreciated ( this request being sent via my wife's laptop -- and she is not happy either !! ) cheers ,Redlegs , Adelaide , South Australia

Like this post
Redlegs

Likes # 0

Morning Gentlemen ( just b4 midday here in SA ) You guys have "fired me up " somewhat -- looks like I should take a teaspoon of cement --- and harden up !! Registry stuff really put the wind up me when it was a choice I had to make on a problem I had a couple of years ago, and I buckled then and not keen now -- so thanks there --- but I have looked up Acronis and tis quite appealing --office in NSW in Ozzieland, and I intend to phone them tonight -- they offer 24/7 service ,and their "True Image " package is on sale at reduced price of A$80.00 -- so thanks Dave and Vic -- and to Chronus --- I'm going to get back to MS -- I might have some small ammo , but will give them a cheerio. The main contentious point with me is that the screen is frozen and ,with quite a few suggestions to try , from guys like you , nothing will get the screen freeflowing. Don't know that this forum is really for me to be having this dialogue, but will post a "progress score " in due course. many thanks once again , Redlegs

Like this post
Redlegs

Likes # 0

Here tis overdue report on my problem. PC fixed -- not quite back to "square One " and out of pocket about $250. A few friends say -- get back at Microsoft -- have proved that I " am innocent " !! Given the brush off by their Manilla call centre.Reckon I will suss out some lead to MS and have a shot -- got Buckley's , I know , but someone has to let them know that not all Windows users are happy " Any ideas how I might launch my campaign ?? I will be looking at the Acronis program too , cheers, and thanks again to those who responded, Redlegs

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch release date, price and specs: Hands-on and pictures

IDG UK Sites

How to improve iPhone battery life, what to do if your iPhone battery is running low

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

Fun film festival trailer plays with classic movie scenes