We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows 7 Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

windows7

suzan2011

Likes # 0

I have a store and save from packard bell My datas were stored in 2007 Since then never used them But today i tried to transfert my datas but managed to see my datas and the tranfert were very slow manged to transfert 25pourcent than the transfert bugged restarted them both computer and drive but never succeeded to see my datas anymore since 72 hours it connect but nothing what do i have to do ? trying to do it with windows xp or do you have anohter solution.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

The Packard Bell Store and Save seems to be a troublesome device. If you look at these two reviews from Amazon it would appear that they have had reliability problems. And it does seems that they do not work with Win 7 see this earlier thread on this forum.

You say that you are using this with Windows XP, are you trying to transfer the data to a machine running Win 7 or XP? I ask because your title is Win 7 and you are in the Win7 Forum.

Like this post
suzan2011

Likes # 0

I m in Wndows 7 now but in 2007 i was in XP when I stored my data.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

If you are in Windows 7 now and trying to read from a Store and Save drive written when you were using XP then that is why you are having a problem. If you read the second thread, the one from Yiddo1971, you will see that the reply he got from Packard Bell was that Windows 7 is not supported. I don't know how files are saved on PB's Store and Save, but I would try connecting it to a machine running XP to see if you can read the files and if so try copying a few of them to a USB stick and try to transfer them to your Windows 7 machine to see if that will work. If it does then you have a method of moving all your files over.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features