We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows 7 Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

MP Navigator will not work on my new laptop

PickyPaul

Likes # 0

I have just changed laptop to one using Windows 7-64 bit. I have a Canon MP830 printer/scanner and have downloaded the latest MP Navigator software/drivers from the Canon website but when I run it I get a error "CODE : 2,155,0" unable to connect to scanner.

I have done all the usual things, changing USB cable, uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling etc. but to no avail.

I have just downloaded Vuescan as a trial and it works perfectly.

Any suggestion how I can get MP Navigator working?

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Sounds like a Windows 7 incompatability problem

If you had this printer on a previous version of windows and it ran ok then you could try running it in compatability mode - you go into properties for this hardware and you should get the option to run in compatability mode - check this and choose the operating system it last worked on.

Like this post
PickyPaul

Likes # 0

I have tried this already to no avow.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Found this comment on another forum - worth a try.

"Canon MP830 "Can't comminicate with scanner" error - RESOLVED. After a long session with a Canon support guy we decided to try a different USB cable. I never imagined it would be the cable since communication was happening for the print and fax functions. But in thinking about it, the scan function is the only one with lots of information going the OTHER direction on the cable...well, it was the cable. I now have a new USB cable and it all works like a charm."

Like this post
PickyPaul

Likes # 0

Surely if it was my USB cable, the Vuescan software would not work either. I used the cable on my previous laptop and it was fine.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Dual post for some reason. Other.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

As the comment I posted says other functions of the printer were working on the old cable but a new USB cable was needed for all of the functions.

Worth a try.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G3 release date, price, specs and new features 2014

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

NAB 2014: Affordable 4K cameras, boundary-pushing plug-ins & drone domination