We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows 7 Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Re- install help

lenallen

Likes # 0

laptop with win 7, hard drive went wrong so purchased new hard drive but only have win 7 recovery disk and product key. Is there any way of re-installin my win 7

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

If you have the product key, know which version of Win 7 was installed and have access to another PC connected to the internet then you can download and burn a Win 7 iso disc for a new install. Details of download Click Here The download will likely take an hour unless you have a very fast download connection.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Find out which version of Windows 7 you had on the laptop, shown on the sticker, and download the iso file for your version. Burn the iso fole to DVD and use that to boot from and install.

x86 is the 32-bit version and x64 the 64-bit version.

Official 7 downloads

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

chub_tor, beat me to it :)

Like this post
ajmartin83

Likes # 0

Sorry to jump in on this thread, I re-installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, and now one of my HDDs is not in 'my computer' it appears in the BIOS and also 'my devices.'

When I reinstalled Windows it also appeared in the list along side my system drive. Though it was a dynamic drive.

Any ideas? As my back up data and programmes are on this drive.

Cheers Andy

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

ajmartin83 "Sorry to jump in on this thread"

Yes, it's known as hijacking someone else's thread with your own problem.

If people respond to you the OP lenallen will get an email notification that his thread has a response.

Please start your own thread and then you will get some help with yours.

Just click on the orange 'Ask a Question' and put a suitable title for your thread topic. Don't forget the tags or it won't post.

Like this post
Makcalable

Likes # 0

Might be worth your while Downloading Windows 7 Service Pack 1 ISO from here http://fixitwizkid.com/threads/microsoft-windows-7-sp1-available-from-microsoft-official-website.6009/

Like this post
lenallen

Likes # 0

Tank you all for your help all ok now... BUT... now have another prob with son's laptop. PROB is done xp home repair and all went fine but now when I connect to internet the wireless connection keeps dropping out, tried loads of fixes to no avail.... any help with this one clever people.... THANK'S

Like this post
lenallen

Likes # 0

Tank you all for your help all ok now... BUT... now have another prob with son's laptop. PROB is done xp home repair and all went fine but now when I connect to internet the wireless connection keeps dropping out, tried loads of fixes to no avail.... any help with this one clever people.... THANK'S

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

Come together to learn: the secrets of the best design talks, conferences and courses