We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows 7 Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Cannot view utube videos - adobe?

tomme

Likes # 0

Help please? I've been going around in circles! Have uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome from utube to view videos and still left with black box above? I read 'somewhere' to take out Microsoft JScript glob.settings.js as this one of the problems. I have spent 2 days trying to solve problem and going nowhere..... fast! I have google chrome version 14.0.835.202 which is supposed to be up-to-date version.

Like this post
tomme

Likes # 0

Have tried AGAIN today, uninstalled restart installed and I have Adobe 11 latest and Google latest so am stumped! What would happen IF I should use Windows 7 32bit disk upgrade? I know it takes out and leaves in but would this include the 'virus' Adobe are talking about? They say on their site this was Adobe 9 and 10 problem? It is purely this utube viewing that is the problem. Views would be helpful.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Try some of the solutions on http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=3bcf94e60367d5b5&hl=en

Also Here's how to upgrade to the most recent version of Adobe's Flash Player http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=56115

(note that a virus is malicious, that is not the same as the bug in Chrome. Bug means a fault in the programming coding and will probably be put right with an update 'fix' when the programmers write some more code to fix it)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer