We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows 7 Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Vista software and 64-bit

abracad

Likes # 0

I'm thinking of buying a new computer, all now Win 7, but I have a choice between 64-bit and 32-bit. If I get the 64-bit will it still run the software I currently run on Vista (32-bit?), eg Flash 8, Dreamweaver 8, Office 2007?

Like this post
a member

Likes # 0

flash 8 yes ,office .. I have office 2007 on one (64 bit home premium win 7) My partner loves Office 2003 and does not want to change ,she has that installed on her win 7 based pc ?? dreamweaver 8 I am not sure of the version but if its like most adobe softwares there wont be a problem . I have installed it on a version of windows ultimate 64bit on a PcI biult for a relative, but not sure (cannot remember) what version it was. Obviousely they 32bit softwares will only work in that mode (32bit) but there is very little that wont run in windows 7 , use the compatibility settings if you need to .

Like this post
ventanas

Likes # 0

I have yet to find anything that didn't work, and some of my apps are quite old - Photoshop CS2 for instance. Win7 64bit has two separate Program Files folders, one for 64bit and one for 32bit. You may have to tweak the combatibility settings for some programs as suggested, or run the install as administrator. But everything should work, one way or another.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

I run Windows 7 64 bit and have yet to come across any program that has not worked.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer