We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows 7 Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

www.squattech.net

tomei

Likes # 0

Anybody had telephone calls concerning this company? Always Indian voices and very clever how they get through. The firstly tell you that Windows Microsoft have knowledge that your computer has been intercepted and programmes have been inserted, without your knowledge! Secondly, they have knowledge that you have many 'red' flag errors which could cause your computer to go 'blue' and crash! They get you to fire up your computer and then a (first) lady takes you through the scenario of going into your computer management box, event viewer etc etc and then another (second) lady named as Carol Jones who you are told is a 'wizard at computer problems' and next thing you just sit back and she takes over the screen/your computer, and you watch her do her wizardry! 'Eventually' when you keep pursuing 'how much?' she feigns 'hurt' at such a suggestion and takes you through her company's web site to prove authenticity.... by the way this site is GREEN background and cannot be downloaded or printed or put to favourites! The normal searches for this company appear to be RED only! I eventually did not 'submit' any monies as it really started to smell wrong. She was mightily upset and angry but.... I quit and did a bye bye!I've since looked up all my 'red' flags which are actually not many. I have 'Bonseur Service' x 13 being 'continuously busy', a Logitech, a desktop icon, a BBCiPlayer launch error, numerous 'yellow' flags for registry tail end errors. Please put 'notice' on your site 'SCAM www.squattech.net !

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I strung along the lady who phoned me for quite a few minutes until she realised I was using Ubuntu....!

Like this post
xyzzypot

Likes # 0

Likewise. They said I had a problem with my Windows OS but couldn't tell me something basic like what version I had! They said they had my name (which they got wrong), from my Microsoft purchase, but I can't ever recall purchasing a product from Microsoft personally. The mention of Unix as an OS was responded with a Click.

nslookup doesn't respond to www.squattech.net

They suggested they had a local Wellington New Zealand ph number of 04 974 8913

Was talking to an chap who sounded Indian by the name of San. It would be nice if the Police could catch him....

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded