We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows 7 Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Start up items.

standard8

Likes # 0

I've recently purchased an Acer 5738Z laptop with Windows 7 Home premium and I've installed NIS 2010.I've disabled some start up items which I know I was safe to do.Could anyone tell me which of the following I could safely disable?
1.Raid Event Monitor.

Like this post
BurrWalnut

Likes # 0

Reduce the number of programs that start up when you switch on the computer by downloading and installing the free Quick Startup, which is better than Microsoft’s msconfig, get it click here

To disable (recommended action) an entry, remove the tick alongside its name. To delete an entry, highlight it and click Delete in the left pane. If you are unsure about an entry and want to know more about it, highlight it and then click ‘More information’ at the bottom of the screen.

Like this post
standard8

Likes # 0

Thanks very much for your very quick reply.I've done as you say and I will study it.The only drawback is that it does not show the first 3 items on my list.

Like this post
standard8

Likes # 0

So far,I've decide to disable Java on start up and check for updates myself.Also,I,ve decided to leave Launch manager since it is required for hot keys.I am thinking of disabling My Win Locker and Egis Tec. since they seem to be to protect my privacy which because of what I use my laptop for,I can't see any benefit to me.

Like this post
standard8

Likes # 0

I've also disabled Win Locker and Egis Tec and laptop is running o.k.Thanks again to BurrWalnut for your help.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G3 release date, price, specs and new features 2014

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

NAB 2014: Affordable 4K cameras, boundary-pushing plug-ins & drone domination