We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows 7 Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Best Windows 7 Optimizer?

smiiithy2009

Likes # 0

Can anybody advise me of the best optimizer to tune my system performance in Windows 7? I would be interested in knowing both freeware/shareware and purchasable software options.

At the moment I don't carry out any routine maintenance of any description on my Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop and I want to keep it to run as efficiently as possible. Also are there any programs that can automatically carry out a defrag and disk clean up periodically or is this possible in Windows 7 anyway?

Thanks,

Mike

Like this post
ambra4

Likes # 0

“Best Windows 7 Optimizer?”

TuneUp Utilities - Version 2010

click here

Like this post
gardener

Likes # 0

As ambra4 says Tune Up Utilities. Also this one if you like tinkering:

click here

Like this post
smiiithy2009

Likes # 0

Cheers I will give it a go

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

In Win 7 I use: PC Tools as firewall, Avira as anti virus, and Malawarebytes and Superantispyware as malware protection. Also CCleaner to clear out junk and cookies etc, and as a mild registry cleaner. All are free. I do use (paid for) Acronis True Image 2010 for backing up , both as an image and a clone to other drives. I cannot believe how many people have no back up.

Like this post
JoeGavin

Likes # 0

Hi,

You can Use a good PC optimizer and there are lot of available...such as Ace Utilities , Systemcare , Advanced System Optimizer, to make your computer faster...By rebooting, or restarting your computer, you can clear out these temporary files and improve your PC’s performance..right now I m Using Advanced System Optimizer it plays a gr8 role.. it increases my PC Performance...It also got sum useful Utilities..u can try it...it gr8 in optimization....Works f9 try it..!! dis is da best system tuneup tool i used so far..!!

click here

Like this post
Pineman100

Likes # 0

CCleaner. Nothing beats it IMO.

click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's new OS X Beta Seed Program: Run pre-release versions of OS X on your Mac

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer