We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows 7 Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Paint Shop Pro and Windows 7 64 bit

tigertop2

Likes # 0

Does anyone know of a workaround driver for Paintshop Pro 8 for Windows 7 64 bit home premium? Or even if any other version of Paint Shop Pro will work in W7 64bit. I understand there is a work around using XP within W7 Ultimate or Professional but that is not available with Home Premium

I had read somewhere there was a beta version on test but cannot find details at either Microsoft or Corel websites

Software providers generally have caught up with Windows 7, unlike the early days of Vista, but Corel seems lagging here

Like this post
ruskle

Likes # 0

I am using Win7 and have no problems what so ever with Coral Paintshop Pro X, I installed it and it ran, you did ask if any other version would work so I can't advise on workarounds for version 8.

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

OK but are you running it on Windows 7 64 bit ?

Like this post
ruskle

Likes # 0

Sorry to be so slow replying but have been in hospital having my spine cut and shut.

Yes I am running Win7 64 bit. I have actually been editing some photos this evening for a friend and just remembered your post, sorry.

Ruskle

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

Thanks, Hope you are feeeling better now and improving

Corel say there will be no fix for Paint Shop Pro 8 and W7 64Bit. However the Windows 7 compatibility site says they are working on a fix for it so maybe it will be approved soon. Meanwhile I got a £5 discount voucher from Corel albeit it is cheaper to buy the version that does work on line elsewhere.

Thanks for replying. I shall close out this post now

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch release date, price and specs: Hands-on and pictures

IDG UK Sites

How to improve iPhone battery life, what to do if your iPhone battery is running low

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

Fun film festival trailer plays with classic movie scenes