We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows 7 Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Canon CD Labelprint and Windows 7

MIke

Likes # 0

You may find that under Windows 7 Canon CD Labelprint (which is used for direct printing on CD's) claims that no suitable printer can be found despite the printer driver having installed correctly, and the printer outputting to paper with no issues.

I had this with both my Canon ip4200 and an older ip3000 printer. On install Win 7 downloads drivers from the MS update site for both these printers.

I found the solution to this issue by visiting Canon's support pages and downloading and installing the following file:-

2. Canon Inkjet Printer Driver Add-On Module (1.10)
This product is a module that expands the functionality of the printer driver for Canon Inkjet printers as included in Windows Vista and 7

Hope this is of help to anyone out there with Canon printers suffering the same error.

Apart from this issue and my previous posting re True Image 10 not working but working in the Release candidate, I've been impressed with ease of migration to 7.

MIke

Like this post
RGB76

Likes # 0

I have the Canon iP 4200 Printer, so many thanks Mike for all the info.

Kind Regards

Russell

Like this post
MIke

Likes # 0

RGB76

No probs, there is also an update of CDlabel print to V 1.41. Can't remember version on the disc supplied with my printer but I downloaded the 1.41 version to see if it would solve the 'no suitable printer' issue, it didn't only the Driver add On Module.

MIke

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features