We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows 7 Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Printer Problems

morddwyd

Likes # 0

How peculiar.

Having had the RC running like a breeze since the day it was first available, I know find that I cannot install my HP printer using the just released retail version, and HP still insist they don't support Windows 7.

Perhaps I'll reinstall the RC for a couple of months!

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

thanks just downloaded and saved

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Full download of all features and drivers now available

click here

Still doesn't explain why the RC worked alright for five months but the retails version fell over on installation!

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Thanks for the link.

Like this post

Likes # 0

click here

This page gives a choice between 32 and 64 bit drivers

However, I haven't downloaded or checked them, so can't tell if they include scanner etc

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Can you provide a link to the W7 drivers as when I go to the site I get the same as sunnystaines quoted at 16.38 yesterday.

I have got my 2575 printing using the 2600 series on W7 though

Like this post
sonyboy

Likes # 0

HP Drivers were causing mega problems after a round of recent updates..especially for the Deskjet F4180 series!!
I have always found all HP updates to be "padded out" with excessive and useless clutter that causes more problems than they cure!
The depth at which HP software invades the registry has to be seen to be believed .I ditched HP drivers altogether and allowed Windows7 to configure the printer..It works better than ever on my machine ...and Yes..its' the Final Release version received yesterday!
I don;t use HP's Photo Software so I don't miss it and everything else works just fine.Maybe this will not happen with respect to all HP hardware..but if anyone has worries over a Deskjet F4180 ...then from my recent experience I can say that the F4180 works o/k

Like this post

Likes # 0

Yes but that was before the new drivers were posted yesterday morning on the hp website I think

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

morddwyd said no just printer

Like this post

Likes # 0

So does the scanner etc work after all that?

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

this is what i get from hp drivers page for 2575 for 32bit windows7

" Installing the Product with the USB Cable and Using the Driver Located in the Windows 7 Operating System"

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded