We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows 7 Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

win 7 and WiFi issue! after some updates in OS

softcris

Likes # 0

I got a Zepto it's build in Dez. 2007.
Znote 6324W 14,1" WXGA+ Non-Glare

With nVdia GT8600 with 512MB dedicated
memory

Intel C2 DUO T7250 2,00GHz 800MHZ

4 GB DDR2 PC5300 Original Zepto R

120GB SATA 2,5" 7200 RPM - SAMSUN

SAMSUNG DVD-RW DL 6xx4W/6xx5WD/2x

Intel Pro/Wireless 4965AGN

MS Win XP Pro UK

nVidia® Geforce GT 8600M 512MB

Zn6x14, 6x15 - 6 Cells standard b

Using now Win 7 Ultimate 64 bits.I instal over XP- Works graet until...

About sometime ago it stopped to work the WiFi in it, it's only accepting Ethernet.

( BTW the other PC home is working with WiFi and it's fine! As well Win 7 64 bits)

I try it all- from ISP to Microsoft itself Forum and calling none could give a clue why it stopped to work (possible after some update from Win 7) Driver is new. Light for the WiFi is on! Etc..

Can you tell me how to fix it?

I'm in total despair! Laptop is not yet 3 years old and all works great in it.
I love Win 7 - 64bits! But that pain is killing me!

thanks
CG

Like this post
LMcG

Likes # 0

Hi, I had a similar problem when desktop upgraded to vista sp2 and again when I upgraded to Windows 7. Try uninstalling wireless adaptor from device manager. Restart computer and when windows tries to install wireless adaptor automatically you stop it doing so. Put the cd with the original driver into the cd drive. Go to device manager again and find the unknown device, it may have a question mark over it. Right mouse click it and choose install driver. Then choose install from specific location and point towards cd drive where original driver is stored.
Good luck.

Like this post
softcris

Likes # 0

yes, since I install and unistall the drive and the hardaware from the system 3 times!

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Have you tried deleting the wireless adapter in Device manager and then reboot and let W7 reinstall it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear 2 review: Classy Tizen smartwatch is too expensive

IDG UK Sites

Eight possible names for the next version of Mac OS X: What will Apple call the follow-up to Maveri?......

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

Inside Twitter's new design and ad offerings