We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows 7 Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 - Love it!

Tech Guy

Likes # 0

I run XP pro on my laptop and Vista SP1 on my desktop.

Just installed windows 7 (64bit clean install)into the desktop and have to say very impressed upto now. Runs smooth I say better than XP Pro SP3 and Vista SP1. I just love the layout, made a few tweeks and just love it up to now.

The only prob I had is I couldn't get the drivers for my Soundblaster XtremeMusic sound card, using the internal one now and have to say can't really tell the diference.

Very easy to use after about an hour of looking about.

Like this post
mammak

Likes # 0

The Ctrl + Scroll also works in XP.

Like this post
Zeppelyn

Likes # 0

Tech Guy

Ive got that sound card working in 64 bit 7, if you want I could zip the drivers and send to you.Admittedly I did it without all the Creative bloat but works fine.

Like this post
Tech Guy

Likes # 0

Zeppelyn

That would be grately appreciated, I've clicked the envelope and sent you my email address.

Si_L and mammak

didn't know that but this is the first OS that I've really wanted to use.

I have found that Wireshark doesn't work, if any has found a packet sniffer that works with W7 I would love to know.

I too will not want to give it back.

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

..er, I think the idea is to buy it? :))

Like this post
Tech Guy

Likes # 0

Zeppelyn

I big thanx for the drivers for my soundcard!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded