We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton 360, Norton Internet Security and Norton AntiVirus beta test 2013

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Welcome to those of you who have volunteered to test the latest beta of the newest versions of Norton products.

If you applied to join the test, but for some reason didn't get a response from me, please contact me immediately so you can take part. I think I replied to everyone, but it's always possible for someone to slip through the net

As in the past, we'll work through various aspects of the software, using a new thread that I will post for each new topic. Please respond in each thread as and when it appears, and DO NOT start new threads of your own. There will be an opportunity for you to make your own specific comments about the software, once we've worked through the basic stages. In the first instance, please provide your answers as the threads appear.

To begin with, please comment on the download and installation process - how did it go for you?

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

terrible

tried browsers chrome, firefox, and IE all latest final versions and both w8 and w7 starter to no avail despite clearing temp files,cookies and disabling all security.[was getting wrong country error]

in the end got n360 from the pca download link.

download very slow and the pecentage download went up and down during this which was odd. install too was very slow to with no option to save prev norton software settings.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Norton Internet Security downloaded and installed very well indeed without any problems whatsoever.

Norton tool-bars appeared in both Internet Explorer 10 and Firefox 22.

I was up and running in minutes and carried out a Quick Scan which identified two tracking cookies and dealt with them.

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

Windows 7 64bit

Norton internet security downloaded,installed without any issues in minutes

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I'm testing 2 of the products. NIS and 360.

NIS download ok. I uninstalled Avast using REVO uninstaller ( I by-passed the NIS uninstall procedure when prompted to remove Avast).

Product Key Activation error 8505,129 ... NIS has encountered an error, checking for a fix for this error. Checking internet connectivity.

After a restart/ reboot some remnants of Avast were removed and all loaded ok with a 10.40mb live Norton update to NIS.

About 20 minutes for whole process.

No probs with 360 having removed Avast completely before starting installation.

About 15 minutes for whole process [including a 27mb live Norton Update to 360.]

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Would not let me download when using Firefox but when I switched to MS Internet Explorer, downloaded and installed with no problem. Using Win 7 SP1 32 bit.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Forgot to say I'm using Windows 7 64bit.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

PS - I am using XP and IE8 on 2 seperate test machines.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

I'm on Windows 7 64 bit and Opera 12. Downloaded 360 21, uninstalled existing NIS and installed 360 21, all without issue.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

Could not download NIS on laptop running W8 64bit on the wireless network, ended up with 15 product keys prior to it saying wrong country etc. Tried on desktop running 32bit VISTA Enterprise, downloaded with no problem and working OK.

Like this post
mobileman1953

Likes # 0

Windows 7 64bit downloaded and installed no problem at all

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...