We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton 2013 beta test - and finally......

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Do you have any suggestions for improvements - something that might be added, or left out of the product?

This is your chance to speak directly to the software developers.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

I think they really need to get the delay in opening web pages sorted along with getting Trusteer Rapport recognised by NIS so they do not fight each other. I switched off the web page security and kept getting a red cross and reminders to fix, should be a tick box to stop all that so you can run what you want without any bother.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Just been reading the latest responses and it is strange how some things are adversely affected with some people and not others, particularly Trusteer Rapport and Belarc. Both are installed on my PC and neither are affected by, or actually affect, Norton.

Also strange that I had awful problems trying to install it with countless BSODs and yet nobody else seems to have the same problem. However since I mastered the installation the program has run perfectly.

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

Pine Man - Nothing strange in that. The reason they like us to test a program is partly because we all have different units. Diff OS - graphic cards - mother board etc etc. You will have seen in my case I changed only a hard drive and OS and got different results.

My recent failure came after a Norton update which I see now has been rectified without any help from me.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

is anyone going back to norton 360 after the beta, if i would be keen to here if it ran smoothly or if you get problems with left overs from the vault clashing with identity safe.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Uninstallation went surprisingly well. Only found a couple of folders left in C drive and a couple in registry after they were removed CC Cleaner didn't find anything.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

Uninstalled NIS and it went ok. No bits and peices left in the registry ,CC did not find anything and I did a search as well quite pleased that it uninstalled everything.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Thanks everyone, I think we can call it a wrap. Your feedback will be passed to Norton, along with your contact details, so they can send you your free licence when the final version is released.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

FE

Are they going to offer the norton 360 beta to test next

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

sunnystaines

There's a public beta available now if you want to try Norton 360 on your own. We're not running a structured test, however.

you can download the Norton 360 beta here

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

Norton Internet Security 2013 20.1.0.8

now released and available for download. hopefully our opy will arrive soon.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...