We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton 2013 beta test - overall impressions

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Now that you've had a few days to evaluate the beta software, what are your general impressions - is this version an improvement on the current release, or if you use another anti-virus/internet security application, how does it compare?

If you have any specific likes and dislikes, now is the time to mention them.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

I have not used Norton for many years as it used to use so many resources and slowed everything down so much. This version has completely changed my mind.

Apart from some installation problems it has run faultlessly and really impressed me.

At present I use Bitdefender but Norton is faster overall and does not affect performance.

I am completely sold on this product and look forward to the full version:-))

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

Yes it is definatelly running smoother in the background,although 'web page safety' slowed the full page opening down,I had Trusteer Rapport running as well in the beginning which did not work at all well with Norton and virtually stopped the pages opening at all. I then started getting popups from the bank when going to their pages to download Trusteer Rapport to be safe (because had turned it off). So it makes you wonder if something went wrong would the Bank say "it was my fault" for not running their recommended security, makes you wonder. Otherwise it works well.

Like this post
Tigertops

Likes # 0

No problem running Trusteer Rapport along with Malwarebytes, Spybot 1.62 and CCleaner under the Norton software-but as I said before Norton duplicates much content of these secondary programmes which I prefer to work independently

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

Tigertopsstrong text

I agree totally with you there, I run those and did not have problems,. goes to show that Norton has got to do something or make sure that those not conversant with turning off web security should be told clearly how to do it, or make it a positive manual turn on if a web security programme is not running on a purchasers computer.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

Tigertops Sorry about that your name was supposed to have been bold

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

noticed in prev version norton safe opened quickly, but the renamed vault takes longer to open at times.

I would like to see more info on the web page like the free dntp software that shows all the cookies etc a web you are visiting is loading with an option to block/allow them.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

my albine dnt+ seems to be conflicting with norton beta, mostly ok but the privacy window that gives details of whats being block will not appear. [spent ages with albine help support]

And very surprising with norton disabled pca pages open quickly!!!!!!! like any other web page, when norton activated again slow pca pages are back, had a play around only pca web affected with slow opening with norton, looks like my norton 360 may be the same i will try that after the beta trial.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia replaces budget Lumia 520 with 530: Release date, price and specs

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer