We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton 2013 beta test - any incompatibilities?

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Now that you've installed the software, and have it running (I hope) on your computer, have you noticed any problems with your other software, or with the way your computer is running generally?

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

sunnystaines

"ie9 needs to recover" Yes I have been getting that as well, I did not take it as Norton and tried every thing sfc /scannow , reset explorer, and was even going to uninstal IE9 and reinstal but have not done it yet! It does not happen on the desktop running Vista and Norton 360 only on laptop W7 64bit so I cannot put it down to windows update this week because it started before that.

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

I've just done a major update & clean-out, installed & updated some Serif software, quite a bit of other updating, changed PDF viewer, all sorts without any issues. I haven't had any problems with IE9 though or crashes. PC running well Norton doesn't seem to cause any slowdowns so pleased so far.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

I've been having several problems today with my Internet connection apparrntly being dropped on a reguale basis. I've also been getting the IE9 problem as listed above by sumnnystaines & ventad. There is no proof of course that this is down to Norton as it could well be one of the Microsoft Updates from yesterday as I'm having problems installing several of them on my laptop which seems to be rejecting them and that is not running Norton. Perhaps I should have held off with the Microsoft updates whilst doing this test but Secunia kept reminding me I had out od date programs and so I updated.

Everything seems to be working again OK without the need for me to do anything. Will keep monitoring as I will be working on my PC for the next several hours.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

ms updates on a laptop without the beta running ok, my netbook with the beta is now getting frequent ie9 not responding/recover web page issues which i suspect might be norton beta, more so now other beta testers getting the problem.

other than this point no other problems.

not seen anything new other than change of name of the vault.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

It's just a minor 'niggle'...but why does the little yellow NIS icon down at the bottom RH corner (on the taskbar) sometimes appear and sometimes not appear?

It's reassuring to me, anyway, to have it there all of the time.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Mine is there all the time:-)

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

AitchBEE

always found that icon handy, its there all the time, always last to load when pc turned on. but any problems with norton that green tick goes to red cross

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

There does seem to be some incompatibility between Norton and my DVD writer with Securdisc built in. I'm getting a number of coasters, maybe as many as a third, whereas I was getting zero before. (Used Acronis to "rewind" to pre Norton install, and zero coasters again). Using Nero 9, DVD writer is LG DVD IDE\CdRomHL-DT-STDVD-RAMGSA-H55L_1.06 Win 7 64 bit.

Dvd without Securdisk, no problems at all.... LiteOn LH20A1H works fine.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

just downloaded latest version of smartdefrag from major geeks got a not trusted warning.

i clicked view details and opted to trust download, all went ok.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...