We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton 2013 beta test - any incompatibilities?

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Now that you've installed the software, and have it running (I hope) on your computer, have you noticed any problems with your other software, or with the way your computer is running generally?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I didn't check my emails (Hotmail) very often because I always had to wait at least 30 seconds for messages to open.

Now...what a difference! Two seconds..MAX!

Like this post
mark2

Likes # 0

The norton plug in for chrome has crashed a couple of times since installation, browsing is noticeably slower than was the case with eset security suite, boot up and seems to take a shade longer and general usage seems slower too. W7 64 bit

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

Have been doing more tests on web pages not opening quickly enough and found there was a confliction with TRUSTEER (banks web page security) turned off trusteer and the pages opened quicker but then turned off Norton web browser protection and the pages opened immediatly. Turned on norton web browser protection again slowed down again. But not as much as when Trusteer was operating alongside NWP. So have left NWBP off along with Trusteer so that pages open immediatley.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

A lot of quality feedback here, thank you.

As this is a very important aspect of running any new software I'll let the thread run for a day or so before starting another.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Have been comparing Safe Web operations between Firefox and IE using the PCA site and some others. The initial opening of the web page is about the same but the complete downloading of all of the contents of the page is significantly longer with Firefox.

I have also noticed that when Norton is opened to 'Home' there is a green box on the left indicating 'secure'. This box also indicates CPU Usage, System, Norton and Trust level. The actual details are not always displayed and left blank. As is the case now but when first opened today it was populated.

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

No problems on on the second PC I'm now running it on.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

has anyone else been getting ie9 needs to recover which takes ages to recover may well be down to this weeks windows updates or norton.

otherwise all running very well

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

No problems with IE9 here, in fact it's probably faster than Firefox when using Norton!

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

My IE9 works just as before loading Norton.

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

No problems on IE9 but Norton did not seem to like Trusteer Rapport on first use of the latter. Web pages opened slowly but today that problem has eased but not quite gone away

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...