We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton 2013 beta test - any incompatibilities?

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Now that you've installed the software, and have it running (I hope) on your computer, have you noticed any problems with your other software, or with the way your computer is running generally?

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

I am running Outlook 2010 and it didn't like installing the anti spam plug-in suggesting that I disable it, which I did.

Having done so I then enabled the plug-in through Outlook and, initially, Norton suggested I disable it but I didn't and it now appears to have been accepted.

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

I have been attempting to resolve my Outlook 2003 issues referred to in my previous posts. Firstly I temporarily disabled the AV and firewall - no change. In the end I uninstalled Norton and that immediately allowed the e-mails to come through correctly.

I shall try re-installing, if it will let me, to see if I still get problems. If so I may have to abandon further testing unless I can find a fix.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I had a slight concern when updating 'Iolo's System Mechainic' from 10.7 to 10.8, this morning, as an update component (definitions) was having difficulties getting thru' to my computer (XP 512mb). When I disabled Norton's 'smart firewall' for a few seconds, the update continued successfully.(I then re-enabled the NIS firewall).

System Mechanic and NIS are 'talking to each other' :o)

No other problems.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

No real problem except that web pages take a longer time to completely open, page starts quick and then slows down take this to be the web checking going on. Its a bit frustrating at times especailly seeing my download speed is at 12.4Mbps, and with 4MB ram.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

Turned off browser protection and frustration has been relieved.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

No problems at all since earlier BSODs.

Boot up time has not changed significantly.

Full scan takes 10 minutes less than with my original security software.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Further to my above I have checked the scan report and found the following:-

**Bloodhound.MalPE Type: Anomaly Risk: High (High Stealth, High Removal, High Performance, High Privacy)
Categories: Heuristic Virus Status: Fully Resolved

1 File c:\program files\microsoft money 2005\mnycorefiles.bak.{fec69d39-adba-4928-98f0-3571aa97abdf}\mnyupdate.exe - Deleted**

This appears to have been deleted from Money 2005 although it still appears to work. Surely it would be better if you had a choice before files are deleted.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Further to the above, again, I found the file in quarantine and restored it with the option of it being ignored in further scans.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

windows 7 starter 32 bit

I have noticed "shutdown" is now very fast. wondering now if norton 360 [latest ver] was slowing the shutdown before i tried this beta.

also start up slightly faster wonder if for the same reasons.

cannot fault the beta so far.

Like this post
mobileman1953

Likes # 0

boot up time and general usage seem slower than before install

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...