We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton 2013 beta test - any incompatibilities?

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Now that you've installed the software, and have it running (I hope) on your computer, have you noticed any problems with your other software, or with the way your computer is running generally?

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

I cannot get Outlook 2003 to receive e-mails. It seems to stick at 50% complete in the status bar and goes no further. To be fair it has been doing this on and off for a while, more so since installing the free Norton 360 from the last beta testing, but that usually corrected itself at the second attempt. This does not happen with the latest product; it simply refuses to go beyond 50% whatever I try and do.

At this stage I cannot say that NIS is to blame. It may just be a coincidence. When I have more time, I shall uninstall NIS 2013 and see if that solves it.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

QuizMan

Have you tried disabling the Norton plug-in for Outlook?

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

FE - thank you for the tip. I assume you refer to the Norton anti-spam plug in. When I eventually located it and turned it off, there was no improvement. It still sticks at 50%. I've switched the plug-in back on and still no change.

It is getting late. Perhaps tomorrow will bring inspiration rather than desperation.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Been running it now for nearly 24 hours and used most of my regular programs and everything appears to be working AOK. This morning I had one report which confused me when I went to one of my regular sites on the Internet and I really cannot understand what it meant but it has not returned. Report said "IPS Alert Malicious DNS Domain No Action Required" The strange thing was that the attacking computer was in my own name.

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

When I try to open a "Python" program I get - "Fc-Solve.exe has stopped working." I then close the warning box/window and the card program works ok.

Out of interest I did the same on a Win 8 setup and no warning box/window.

PC generally works the same as pre install.

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

Has a persistent crash whenever Softmaker Email client opened - Although Norton shows this program as green and used by some users I can't get the mail to work with Norton at all, other parts of the Office Suite work OK - The program will not open but actually remains in memory & it's not possible to terminate the Email in Taskmaster either - 'Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit'

http://www.softmaker.com/english/ofw_en.htm

Transfering to a differant PC today -

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

In respect to my last post I've emailed 'Softmaker Tech Support' with the all information I have regarding this possible conflict.

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

So far, no obvious incompatibilities. I did burn a "coaster", using Nero 9, which is unusual. Next burn was fine. But, it did happen ocasionally pre Norton beta...

Like this post
Tigertops

Likes # 0

N0 problems and my additional security software systems used as back up to the main anti virus one are not affected. Have run a quick scan and all is well

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

so far all running ok as normal

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made