We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton 2013 beta test - installation comments

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Welcome to the Norton 2013 beta test forum.

Now that you have downloaded and installed the software, please tell us how it went - were there any problems with the download, or with the installation?

Please don't comment on any other aspect of the software at this time - I'll open a new thread for that when everyone has reported on the download and installation.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Me again!

Had my lunch and thought I'd try installing Norton again. Removed every trace from registry and started installation again. It sailed through very quickly until I got to registration. When I was part way through it I got the BSD again.

After restarting it seemed ok so I tried Outlook 2010 and got a message to the effect that it was having problems with the anti spam plug in and suggested I disable it, which I did.

I have successfully updated Norton but cannot find out how to try installing the anti spam plug in again.

It's been running for 20 minutes now so I might try a scan and see if it survives that;-)

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

Win 7 64bit

Downloaded & installed without problems. I had placed a "damaged" Norton 360 (various files missing) on the hard disk, and it coped with removal just fine.

Email of keycode picked up as spam by gmail... surely this should be avoidable? How many will not find their code & contact helpdesk, etc.

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

Just also installed on an older WinXP machine: the "Agree & Install" button, and the area below during install, were mangled.

Like this post
mobileman1953

Likes # 0

downloaded installed activated updated no problems at all

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Carried out a scan and managed to install the anti spam plug-in for Outlook 2010 but occasionally it asks if I want to disable it. The plug-in does, however, appear to have installed ok.

So at the moment the program appears to be running correctly.

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

To add to the comment by Ventad and to clarify my own earlier comments, I copied and pasted the installer file from Download files to my desktop and double clicked to install from there without further problem and no prompt to to re-install anything.

Like this post
mark2

Likes # 0

An initial hiccup with the download site stating I could not download at my location as it wasn't allowed (using chrome) used IE and successfully downloaded.

Installation went ok, although I hadn't uninstalled Eset security suite, but no notification by norton that this could be a problem, previous versions have always delivered a warning.

for those who have forgotten (or never knew) Highlight the activation key, Ctrl-C copies it , to paste into the relevant box Ctrl-v works.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

windows 7 starter 32bit

the first 50% of download went very slow then speeded up for 2nd half.

initialization stage was fast, but next session I think it was called starting was either very very slow or had a freeze. would have liked to have seen a countdown percentage or band to show thats its making progress to put my my at rest all is going well.

otherwise all went well

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added