We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton 360 v6 - and finally.......

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Now that you've been running the software for a while, what is your overall impression? You have an opportunity to mention anything specific in the thread entitled 'Norton 360 v6- wish list' - what we're interested in here are your general impressions.

If you weren't getting a free 1 year licence for the new software, would you consider paying for it, or if not, why not?

Like this post
Ford Prefect 01

Likes # 0

I have been using 360 since we beta'd version 3.0. There are not too many changes, the one notable one is that ability through manage to transfer licences to new machines (relatively) easily.

It would be good to have the map made optional, personally I think the colour scheme is growing on me as I don't think it looks too bad now.

Like this post
Ford Prefect 01

Likes # 0

I have been using 360 since we beta'd version 3.0. There are not too many changes, the one notable one is that ability through manage to transfer licences to new machines (relatively) easily.

It would be good to have the map made optional, personally I think the colour scheme is growing on me as I don't think it looks too bad now.

Like this post
justme

Likes # 0

Norton seems to run quietly in the background and has so far produced no problems on my machine.

However, Norton tries too hard to be everything to everybody and I prefer to choose my antivirus, backup etc from the entire range of programs available to get those which suit me and my way of working.

For these reasons I would not buy Norton but may consider buying modules which I liked if they were available.

Norton will suit those people who have limited knowledge about computers and want something which works without any problems and does not require much input from the user.

Like this post
Legolas

Likes # 0

I have rang most of the bells and blew most of the whistles incorporated in the Norton software and although they might be useful to some people I think they were a bit overwhelming. The colour scheme is of little interest to me so not bothered about that. The nitty gritty operations i.e. the firewall, anti virus scanning, email scanning and website checking ran in the background and seemed to do their job very well and like recent Norton software it is very resource friendly. I am not sure I would buy this software as I believe that there are free software out there that would do the job almost as well and for nothing. Having said that I like the software and if someone was looking to purchase software of this ilk I would recommend it.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

I do not think I would buy N360 even though it works well in the back ground.I like the operation of the password manager except I am probally a bit of a Ludite and would not use it for special security passwords such as bank accounts, after all if it was not for pc 'crackers etc' Norton and Norton updates would not be required. Having spoken to another silver surfer neighbour who used to buy a N360 3 pc licence for himself and two grandchildren he has now reverted to basic Norton Internet security because of the cost and they could not understand all the bells and whistles.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

I do not think I would buy N360 even though it works well in the back ground.I like the operation of the password manager except I am probally a bit of a Ludite and would not use it for special security passwords such as bank accounts, after all if it was not for pc 'crackers etc' Norton and Norton updates would not be required. Having spoken to another silver surfer neighbour who used to buy a N360 3 pc licence for himself and two grandchildren he has now reverted to basic Norton Internet security because of the cost and they could not understand all the bells and whistles.

Like this post
Ford Prefect 01

Likes # 0

Just extended mine for another 14 days.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

I would buy 360 v6. I have used 360 since participating in the v3 beta test and have been happy to stay with it, taking the free upgrade each year. I like the fact that, once it is set-up as I want it, it is completely unobtrusive and I don't need think about it.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Update from this morning:-

I have installed the 1 gb upgrade to my revitalised laptop and everthing is moving along at a brisker pace.

Norton 360 has improved with the added RAM - along with everything else.

I am beginning 'not to notice' the ICONS and see only the textual clicking points.

My sister, who recently bought a new laptop, might like the minimum fuss, with this software, once it is installed.

Personally speaking, I would not buy it.( after 1 year free - maybe!)

Like this post
qbie

Likes # 0

Apart from the GUI colours, overall I like the application a great deal. As someone who works in retail and installs a lot of copies of N360 and NIS on machines daily, this version is continuing the trend seen since 2009 - fast installation, little impact on system load, easy to use and configure.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED