We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton 360 v6 - wish list

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Now that you've responded in the thread about the operating experience it's time to ask if you've noticed anything that you wish wasn't there, or alternatively,is there something you would like to see included, or changed?

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Came back from lunch and it had done another automatic tune up and removed yet again all the avatars attached to my contacts in Messenger. I guess I can put up with it whilst doing the tests but I wouldn't want this to be happening all the time so unless it can be switched off (and so far I haven't found a way to do it) this program is a no no for me.

As a side issue does anyone know where these avatar files are stored so I can offer them some protection?

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

I just wish they would revisit the total presentation. Its like being offered to choose from a bag of sweets without a contents description. Make it simple and condense the number of options to 3 or 4 . Security is something you know you need but it works best when it performs in the background and only hassles you if a 'real'problem arises

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

I agree. There is so much in this security package as to be baffling for the average user. The online tutorials are "Coming Soon" and I think there should be a simple top 20 tasks list that allows a novice to be guided through the basics. The "old hands" like me can dig and delve later.

Having said that it isn't always obvious to me how to undo certain things that Norton 360 does without asking. (Recover a deleted cookie for example) By the same token it does most things in the background which is excellent and overall I would recommend it to anyone.

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

I really do not have much to add to what has gone before.

Mainly I cannot see the point of the tune-up functions. Norton 360 sells itself as a comprehensive, easy to use protection for computer, identity and files. If that is its mission statement it does all of those things well (although Acronis TI does back up better). There is no place in that for a tune up function.

A very small request in the great scheme of things - allow me to sort my frequently used ID safe logins alphabetically. Even after just two weeks my list is long and quickly finding the one I want is becoming slower.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...