We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton 360 v6 - wish list

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Now that you've responded in the thread about the operating experience it's time to ask if you've noticed anything that you wish wasn't there, or alternatively,is there something you would like to see included, or changed?

Like this post
justme

Likes # 0

I don't like the yellow which seems to be everywhere. It is very 1960's and is at odds with most modern programs. I realize that yellow is part of the Norton look but surely it could be toned down somewhat.

As others have said, the icons look like the efforts of primary school artwork.

Norton is a big company with many years experience and should be able to update their look while still retaining their yellow identity colour scheme. Perhaps a more pastel shade of yellow would work better.

Like this post
Jameslayer

Likes # 0

I find the whole package confusing to use. The ? icons dont really explain anything.

The norton insight is misleading first time i saw it i thaught the files it showed were actually my computer.

Does norton only deal with IE and not firefox?

I told optimation to run and when ever i close norton it said optimastion is still running would i like to stop it. Does it actually show you what norton is currently doing.

Like this post
Jameslayer

Likes # 0

One last thing the yellow map people are refering to I have the option to activate it but once I do I cant see a unactivate option.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

Overall the product performs well on security as expected.

But I do agree with some comments posted already, the map is a gimmick that needs scrapping, all versions should come with 3 user minimum, a single license is pointless in a family home, not used the backup, or the spam option I think most people use online emails with spam options built in like gmail these days,I prefer other 3rd party free defrag programs which are so much better. I too would also like to see a more proffesional interface rather than a dumbed down one.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Jameslayer, strange my optimisation runs very quickly. I am also pleased that it gives the fragmented % on the drive and says it does not need defragmenting

Like this post
OTT_B

Likes # 0

Faster scan speeds, please. Painfully slow compared to alternative products (it took in excess of 4 hours to complete the same 'level' of scan as Essentials did in about 30 minutes.

And PLEASE don't automatically 'tune' my PC without asking first. It ended up deleting files in the my temp internet files folder that I wanted.

DON'T auto defrag - my OS is set not to, Norton should follow its lead. PLEASE, rather than the registry cleaner going straight in and doing its job, include an option to review the actions which it is going to take.

The logs which it builds up are interesting. Kind of. But as with all systems, they seem to collect rather more information than is actually necessary, and give wrong impressions as to how 'serious' a 'threat' actually is. A very well known website stat counter is unlikely to be a 'High' risk.

Norton doesn't recognise that IE is not only not my default browser, but IE has been removed (as far as Windows will allow) in the Add / remove windows components options. Yet Norton says that IE is out of date and should be updated. Not good. Please fix!!

I think those are my only complaints.

The good stuff: Parental controls are good and effective. I didn't use the backup facility, but it's good that it is there

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

I am using it on an oldish XP machine with only 512 meg of Ram and it keeps telling me that Google Chrome is a high memory user 46MB, though it seems happy that this is the only browser I use on this machine but this is my only gripe so overall happy with it.

Like this post

Likes # 0

i think they could polish up on the icons, i don’t mind the yellow/black that's Norton colours would like to see the map go,would also like to see more info when you click on the headers i.e. date and time of last scans ect,i know it’s available via tasks/check Norton tasks but would like to see them available with one click otherwise it seems to be doing a good job

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I can't add much to that which has already been said by others and, in particular, by OTT_B.

It just seems like overkill.

My trial runs out in three days and I will probably be going back to MSE/CCleaner/Easeus/Mbam/Spyware Blaster combo. They have worked perfectly for a few years and (apart from Mbam) are free.

Like this post
Miké

Likes # 0

Well I quite like it, however I would like to see a popup when emails are being scanned.

And to be honest I don't need a registry cleaner or defragger in a security suite!

With regard to the anti spam feature, every email client/ webmail setup that I have ever used has had an adequate block list spam feature, why have another?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added