We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton 360 v6 - wish list

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Now that you've responded in the thread about the operating experience it's time to ask if you've noticed anything that you wish wasn't there, or alternatively,is there something you would like to see included, or changed?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I don't like the ICONS - a lot of them look similar and 'clanky'.

The map of the world idea is a bit of a joke.

And there is too much Norton and Yellow.

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

It has a lot of facilities that need to be learnt before you can get full benefit from this program. The headers that swing out when you click on the main icons could be more helpful. Experimenting and trying the different items will help you to decide how it can be best used for your situation.

I agree the map idea is a gimmick and not of any use.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

There are several things I don't especialy like. As mentioned already too much yellow and Norton. Yellow to me is a sign of danger and The big yellow icons also look uninviting. When you see the green logo you felt much safer. I did eventually find the defragger but compared to the old one it was boring whereas the old one you could actually see something happening. I didn't understand why disk optimisation appears under PC Tuneup but is not so obviously available under the PC Tuneup tasks heading. The various bits and pieces could do with some tidying up with regard to launch procedures.

I didn't use the backup facility as I have Acronis already and I didn't feel a need to do a second one. Also the map is a complete waste of space and one must also presume memory usage. A yellow gimick tooooo far.

I sincerely hope but doubt that the layouts will be changed before launch but it looks like an extremely unattractive program which is a great pity because...

It seems to work very well in the background

It seems to be much less resource hungry than Norton became famous for

It does what it says on the box

And there lies Norton's problem. It just works so are poeple going to pay out money for something that they forget is there when you can get virtually all the same things free and also get some whistles with them.

Marketing will be crucial as they will need to offer family packs as most families now have more than one PC. Single user licences will be a failure like the ones we got with the earlier version of Internet Security we tested. Families will likely want to keep their safety programs similar but will not wish to buy more than one copy.

Operationaly I have not had any problems testing this.

Like this post
mobileman1953

Likes # 0

seems very similar to 360 v5 in layout not really bothered about looks as long as it does the job which it does , have tried all features except backup and all seems well

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

I think that the Backup Online is superfluous, The only real reason I tested it was that I run Acronis onto my external drive. I think it is just a hook to make more profit per sale, since you have to buy online storage if you need more than the small amount free of charge. I have done some searches on Google and found that I am not the only one who has had a problem with it. Other than that I am very pleased with the overall performance and interface.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

Like V5 before it has all I need from a security suite. Agree that the map is pointless but, as I see it, the colour scheme and icons are fine.

Is the beta period going to be extended beyond 31st December? Doesn't give much time for testing and feedback.

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

Not that bothered by extra features being added - it's pretty comprehensive.

I do find the colour scheme particularly garish, actually unpleasant to have on the screen. Tone it down a bit, guys. The layout for Norton 360 v5.1.0.29 is far, far better. Easier to read, easier to use, not so cheap-looking. Have the two side-by-side on a pair of monitors. Old version looks so much better, new looks like a sixth-form art project.

I would ask that Norton 360 and Norton Internet Security share the same format this time round... With 360 v5.1 and NIS 2012 (which I think are concurrent by update... I use them both as full versions...) the layout is wildly different and some features "offered" with NIS are actually absent from 360.

I am building a "little list" which I'll post later, with what I want from the new 360. But, mainly, go back to the smart interface of the last version.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Have to agree that the home interface looks as if some one spent a good couple of minutes over a pint designing it, those symbols look as if they have been drawn by a 3 year old and first impressions count.

Norton is supposed to be a top notch product with a price to match so why don't they make it look like it is.

The activity map is a waste of time and I for one would not miss it, as other people have stated the amount of yellow is a bit over the top and with the icons always being yellow it looks as if they are warning you some thing is wrong.

Why don't they make the icons on the home page turn green if every thing is OK, it would or could give you the feeling that Norton is working as it should.

One other thing on my wish list, why don't they make renewal cheaper once you have the product. At this moment in time Norton are doing 360 V5 for a 1 year download for £41.99 or have a 2 year subscription for £109.99 the mind boggles, I can buy it online with free delivery for £34.00.

Like this post
Ford Prefect 01

Likes # 0

Not a lot to add to the above comments really. The only thing I would say is at least you can stop the map flashing these days. It is however superfluous.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Looking at the Spam Allowed Lists I spotted several e-mail addresses I would prefer were in fact blocked. (Not sure where Norton picked these up from but presumably the Outlook allowed lists or the one's I had downloaded pictures for.) Annoyingly you have to delete each of these individually. The normal and easiest option is to use the Shift or Control Key in conjunction with the mouse click to select multiple entries and delete in one go.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

How to watch Sony Xperia Z3 launch live video: press conference IFA 2014

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

GDS opens lab for testing online government services

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September