We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton 360 v6 Operating experience

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Now that you have downloaded and installed the Norton software, how are things generally - have you noticed any differences in the way your machine and/or other software performs?

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

It seems to run without any bother. No better or worse than any other programme of it's like.

Like this post
OTT_B

Likes # 0

I've been mostly using Microsoft's Security Essentials Free version (and also AVG free version to clear the stuff the Essentials can't) in recent years. MS Essentials as day to day protection, because it seemed to have less impact on system performance than any other software I've tried. But this version of Norton seems very good for its performance impact during . Very good indeed.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Not seen any real difference it has told me a couple of times that Chrome is using a high amount of memory 75meg. I also like that today I left the machine running for a couple of hours without using it and when I then went back to it I was told that the tuneup was performed successfully.

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

I have noticed very little effect on the Win XP machine that I installed it on. No performance issues, and no effect on any other program. I haven't used the Win 7 machine enough to give a full answer yet, but have noticed nothing yet! (That Win 7 machine doesn't have much software on at the moment, being a fresh install.)

Like this post
Jameslayer

Likes # 0

As a couple people of mentioned FF seems a tad slower but could just be net.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

Has anybody had problems with identity safe

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Last night I noticed there was a 70mb download (update). Luckily I was connected with mobile broadband USB modem. My other dial-up connection would be unsuitable for such a download.The update, the previous day was 1.8mb which was ok.

What was that big 70mb update all about?

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

ventad

yes, on most sites it auto logs in ok but on two webs i use it fails to recognise the login page sometimes.

everything else working well.

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

ventad - I have not noticed that problem with ID safe, but I shall keep checking now that you have given a heads up.

However, I do have another problem with ID safe. Whenever I use a log in for the first time it adds that site to what I assume is a frequently used list. I would like to be able to sort that list alphabetically, but have not yet worked out how to do so.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

I have had a problem with Backup Online using the default settings, it collects the data OK but then stops and I get the message "Symantic Service Framework has stopped working" I have got round the problem by unticking all the default settings except Other Files, then choosing what I want to backup.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do