We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton 360 v6 Operating experience

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Now that you have downloaded and installed the Norton software, how are things generally - have you noticed any differences in the way your machine and/or other software performs?

Like this post
mobileman1953

Likes # 0

no noticeable difference in performance nortons just does its job in the background

Like this post
mark2

Likes # 0

There has been one glitch, maybe a user error, in general as others have said it just gets on with it's work in the background.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

I have to say my experience so far has also been one of 360 just doing it's thing, unobtrusively, in the background. No apparent change from running 360 v5.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

runs as fast as nis2012, does not slow down the pc, the identity safe which i like very much on a few occasions does not auto logon some webs. otherwise very pleased so far.

Like this post
Miké

Likes # 0

Well it has been some time since I have had any Norton security product on any of my PC's, mainly because of there reputation (rightly or wrongly) for slowing the system down.

However whether it's because of faster systems or Norton getting better, or as I suspect a combination of the two I am really impressed, no noticable slowdown whatsoever just does it's job in the backround!

Like this post
ajm

Likes # 0

On this machine, emails downloading via POP3 occasional get "timed out". I am using Windows Live. It may not be related to Norton but to the mail server.

I had a printer connected on my network, and I had to disable the firewall briefly to allow the printer to be seen, then once restarted it was OK.

Overall, everything seems OK.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

As a first time user of ANY Norton product, I have not had any problems, so far, although yesterday, while on PCA, the refresh rate of pages was extremely slow. On my other computer at the same time, the PCA site was OK.This problem went away after a shutdown and restart.

Also during install I was asked to remove Zonealarm and System Mechanic - which I did do.(using another uninstaller, REVO).

I reinstalled System Mechanic today and so far, everything is working ok.

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

There is no obvious performance differences between 360 and NIS 2011 that I used previously. That is a good thing and I am very pleased that nothing much has changed. I do however have a couple of issues after using it for a few days:

1) I tried to install Serif WebPlus 3 starter edition from the PCA cover disk Jan 2012. Norton flagged a file pb7de1.exe as behaving suspiciously and removed the program without prompting from me. I tried again on a machine running NIS 2011 and it did the same. What I do not know if this is an issue with Norton, PCA cover disk or Serif.

2) I now have a small Norton gadget in the top right hand corner. When hovering over that it brings up another small box to close the gadget or drag it. The latter is greyed out and I cannot find a way to activate it - not that I want to.

The first issue bothers me, the second does not.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

No issues so far with the Norton 360. System running exactly as before. Having previously tested previous releases I've poked about and run scans in the background. I must say that Norton 360 is the ultimate - I doubt though that most people will actually use, or understand, what all the features of this software can do if you ask it.

By the way, minor irritation, first full scan detected 10 "issues" - all cookies, which were deleted, including my safe cookie which allows me to log into this site! Now tracking down the way to exclude it from further scans ......

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...