We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton 360 v6 Operating experience

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Now that you have downloaded and installed the Norton software, how are things generally - have you noticed any differences in the way your machine and/or other software performs?

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Up to now every thing is or appears to be running smoothly, apart from the early problems with the DVD writer.

Sorry but what more can you say, it works, hasn't slowed PC down and is doing it's job.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

I was already running Norton Internet Security, and since installing Norton 360 Beta I have noticed no running difference at all. It all seems very well integrated. I have found only one problem, but as you instructed I will leave this comment until it is asked for.

Like this post
Ford Prefect 01

Likes # 0

I was using 360 v5 before, this version appears to be even less resource hungry.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

No change at all, infact I am quite pleased that unlike some previous Norton products there has been a complete slow down of the computer, no slow down at all and it also works quietly in the back ground when there is a period of not using the computer whilst switched on, with the little flag that pops up makes you realise that somethings going on and deters you from switching off and I dont mean that as a bad thing because one can forget to do things on a regular basis especially when all is well. A Full scan does not take as long as Microsoft Security Essentials which was on this computer previous.

Like this post
Legolas

Likes # 0

It is running in the background without incident doing its job of protecting my system. Almost with I had more to report but like the last few Norton products I have beta tested it is a case of download, install and forget it is there.

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

No noticeable problems. However there are still quite a few glitches on Windows 8, although these are disappearing fast, so maybe it is difficult to be sure if these are due to Norton or not . On the whole Norton does seem to be running OK. I have an old Celeron processor running this test set up but I am pleasantly surprised by the lightness of touch re its performance on Norton

Like this post
justme

Likes # 0

I have not noticed any problems at all. The computer stills runs as it did before installing Norton.

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

Runs ok in the background.No problems that i have noticed.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

I have been playing around with it for a few days now and everything appears to be working fine. Initially I thought that Firefox was running a little slower but as I have just upgraded to Version 9 and then 9.01 it is difficult to point fingers. I have had it run all the tests and clearing up etc and low and behold I find it also clears out the Microsoft Messenger files which store the little Avatar pictures of people. I thought this was just a Ccleaner problem but it seems the same happens with Symantec. Perhaps they have to speak with Microsoft about this and possibly get Microsoft to move these files to an area which isn't subject to cleanups. I know you get the pictures back as soon as someone comes back on line again but it shouldn't happen.

Apart from that I can't say that I have noticed anything untoward. One thing I haven't found is a Defragger which I always thought was part of these Symantec Packages but perhaps it is no longer. It was one thing I used to use a lot when I had Norton previously.

Like this post
qbie

Likes # 0

System load has generally been very low, and has had little performance impact on my machine.

The only thing I have noticed is that since installing it, downloading emails from my POP3 server seems to have slowed down considerably. I have disabled the anti-spam module, with no change. I will do some investigating to see if it is Norton, or just a coincidence. My email client is Thunderbird.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

You're never alone with a clone: How the App Store got taken over by copycats

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded