We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Welcome to the Norton 360 v6 beta test

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Please use this thread to post about your download and installation experience. When mentioning specific problems please ignore the fact that the initial download link may not have worked for you.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

installed ok.

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

Finally got a link to work and downloaded without a problem on to Windows 8

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Installed fine. Not that I am one, but from a "New Users" point of view the messages during installation might put you off.

Like this post
mark2

Likes # 0

Initial download failed, (at the country stage) retried and it worked, maybe I'd made an error. Installed smoothly on Win 7 64 after automatically uninstalling Avast for me.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

I'll explain more ... after installation the GUI (General User interface) says "Explore" why not keep it simple? "You are Protected" and then perhaps "What do you wan't to do next" - "Check for updates" or "Check my current system"

Instead Norton gives you a very complicated Control Panel with no guidance. Yes you can explore if you know this software but I think most new users will be bewildered. IMHO

I think there should be a self activating link to a website which tells the first time user what to do next if anything.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Thank you all for your feedback. When you're ready, please respond in the thread entitled 'Norton 360 v6 Operating experience'.

Like this post
Jameslayer

Likes # 0

Install went fine it uninstalled MSE for me.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback