We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Welcome to the Norton 360 v6 beta test

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Please use this thread to post about your download and installation experience. When mentioning specific problems please ignore the fact that the initial download link may not have worked for you.

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

Went to Norton public site - downloaded and installed no problems - vista HP 64.

Also went to PCA public site - downloaded and installed no problems - win7 64.

11 days left on test beta.

Like this post
mobileman1953

Likes # 0

downloaded no problem , program auto uninstalled older norton version first which only had 3 days left anyway , using windows 7 home premium 64 bit.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

Installed on Saturday, without any problems, on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I too have only 11 days remaining.

Like this post
Legolas

Likes # 0

Download and installation of Norton 360 v6 beta went without incident, existing Norton was uninstalled automatically. No problems to report

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

After overcoming initial download issues everything went through smoothly on my desktop W7 64-bit Home Premium PC.

I had backed up my identity safe records, but that was an unnecessary precaution because Norton retains the data even after uninstalling NIS 2011 that I was using at the time.

I was not given the option to change the default install location. That may be deliberate or necessary on Norton's part, but I am running out of space on the hard drive containing my OpSys and would preferred to have been given the choice.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Downloaded and installed no problems.Existing Norton uninstalled automatically, all running smoothly.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

The Installation went OK no problems on Toshiba laptop Windows 7, 64bit. run it through a virus check all OK

Like this post
Ford Prefect 01

Likes # 0

Install was fine apart from having to uninstall 360 version 5 manually.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Downloaded and installed with no particular problems.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

I got the wrong country problem tried 3 times doing what they said still with no luck, but still got 3 product codes, emailed FE telling him I would not be able to take part. He emailed back quickly giving me the PCA link then all worked fine, installed on an older XP machine and all went well.

Considering it is an older machine the slowdown is very minimal.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded