We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton 2012 test - and finally....

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

It's nearly time to wind up the test. If you downloaded the software and have tested the product, now's the time to check the other threads in this series, and make sure you've responded.

Otherwise, use this thread to post your final thoughts, or any other comments you would like to make about the software that aren't covered by the other thread titles.

Like this post
mobileman1953

Likes # 0

responded to other thread titles, nothing more to add only thanks to you and nortons for the chance to test 2012

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

thanks PCA for letting use beta test.

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

It is a comprehensive program.New owners should spend time learning about all its facets. There have been plenty of constructive comments which I hope Norton find useful. Thanks for letting me be part of the test/fun and all the best to PCA and Norton.

Like this post
I am Spartacus

Likes # 0

I've nothing much to add to my other comments in other threads. However despite those comments I would still recommend it for those looking for a paid for, all in one solution.

Happy to donate my free copy to someone if it's possible to do that.

I think this has been mentioned elsewhere but I was a bit surprised that there wasn't a structured test regime based either on usability, bug finding or both.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Never thought I would ever say I haven't noticed Norton was on and running. Big question now is whither it is worth the money when you get so much for free these days.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

I will use Norton 2012 after my present 2011 edition license expires. I wish that the tests had been more rigorous, and that there may have been some response to the questions and comments posed. However it is an excellent program, and as has been said before you can load it up and forget it knowing that you are well protected.I look forward to a free year with Norton courtesy of PCA. Thank you.

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

It still amazes me that Norton has moved on so far from the ponderous beast that we have tried and rejected in the past. This is every bit as good as NIS 2011 and it gave me no problems or headaches throughout the testing period. For most, 360 is over-kill and NIS will remain my security software of choice.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I am Spartacus

It's actually quite difficult to set up objective structured test routines for anti-virus software in the forum. We can do it with applications, and we did just that with some previous tests.

On this occasion we felt a rather less formal approach was appropriate.

Like this post
bluesbrother

Likes # 0

"It still amazes me that Norton has moved on so far from the ponderous beast that we have tried and rejected in the past." I totally agree QuizMan.

Though in saying that, I think I will be staying with AVG and Zonealarm. I have used them for quite a few years, both free and full versions, and both have proved their worth.

I will however stop, ehh how should I put it, not recommending Norton. In fact, if I can, in a few months the first lucky person who asks my opinion will get a free copy.

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

When I loaded the programme in readyness for the appraisal I forgot it was there. I like it because for me the less I have to do the better, it can be relied on to get on with protecting my computer and I can get on with using it. I was using Avast and will go back to that till I receive my free licence and In all probability I will stick with Norton afterwards. As I mentioned before it saved me a lot of hassle trying to find what it was that was using most of the CPU capacity. All in all I think it is a very good programme, easy to set up and use and a nice looking interface as well. Thanks for the invite to take part FE, I have enjoyed it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added