We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton 2012 test - and finally....

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

It's nearly time to wind up the test. If you downloaded the software and have tested the product, now's the time to check the other threads in this series, and make sure you've responded.

Otherwise, use this thread to post your final thoughts, or any other comments you would like to make about the software that aren't covered by the other thread titles.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

As I've said before in the past I was a very big critic of Norton but since testing their products my views have been changed greatly and I think the people that still knock them without trying are being very blinkered.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Thank you everyone - some excellent feedback for Symantec to work with. I'll leave this thread to run for a while, so feel free to add anything if you wish.

Othwerwise, we'll be sending Symantec contact details for everyone who contributed in the threads, and in due course you'll receive a licence for the full release version of the software. I'll contact you individually when I have more information about that.

Like this post
Legolas

Likes # 0

Like most of the other testers I do not have a lot to say about the software but I see that as a good thing, you install and forget it is there as it does the work of protecting your system with glorious unobtrusiveness. I have so far found nothing negative about it and would recommend it.

Like this post
ajm

Likes # 0

From the very beginning, I had problems with installation. The first time,somehow the laptop that was being installed to, froze and crashed. This was a newly restored and formatted laptop running Windows Vista 32 bit with all the updates, etc and not other software. This made the lapptop unstable and unuseable.

Figuring that somehow I may have made a mistake or wrongly installed the software, I restored the laptop again and same problem as before.

I again re-format and install Nortion Internert Security 2011 without any issues.

Like this post
bobbybowls

Likes # 0

I was pleasantly surprised how it disappeared into the background,having tried a previous version that was dumped after a few weeks as it took over the pc. Scans are completed in about half the time that the paid for version of AVG takes with no slowing down of the pc. I think when my current AVG subscription is finished I will move all of our household PC's over to Norton.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

since reverting back to norton 2011 I cannot access my laptop via the desktop on my home network. May have nothing to do with norton but lost on fixing it [post in helproom] or what on earth could be the cause

just wondered did any other beta users have a problem similar after uninstall

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Does anyone know if there is a way of pausing All of NIS 2012, to enable loading a program it doesn't like. Such as Lockngo, I had to uninstall NIS to let me install lockngo. I didn't try in Safe mode for example.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

rawprawn

what i do is right click the logo bottom right screen set disable then download and install the program that norton blocks, after install right click the norton logo re enable and all will be ok.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Hi sunnystaines, I did click Disable Smart Firewall and Antivirus Auto Protect. But it made no difference.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

rawprawn

that looks like the disable option is not fully working then a beta fault perhaps.

i have had it in the past with jk defrag program and another i cannot remember which and each time the disable autoprotect worked.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

2014 Mac mini release date, specs, rumours: When's the new Mac mini coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen