We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton 2012 test - let's get started

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Welcome to those of you who were selected to test the beta release of Norton 2012. I need to start by offering an apology for the delay in getting this test under way - you'll be aware that we recently re-launched our website, and frankly we've all been pretty busy dealing with the inevitable glitches and tweaks.

We're finally ready to go however, so let's make a start.

All of you should have downloaded and installed the software, and you have probably had a chance to try it out. What we would like to know in this thread is how the installation went. If you encountered any installation problems please post about them here. Do not post on any other aspects of the software, and please do not start your own thread. Experience has shown that the test will work better if we all step through the various scenarios together.

Once we have the installation situation covered we'll start a new thread in which we will investigate performance.

That's all from me for now - over to you.

Like this post
mobileman1953

Likes # 0

downloaded and installed without a hitch , windows home premium 32 bit,no problems at all

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

mobileman1953

Thank you. Yours may be the only post for a short while - we haven't quite finished registering all the participants in this special forum area.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

No problems at all it loaded seamlessly. Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit

Like this post
mark2

Likes # 0

Installed smoothly on XP, previously running MSE, no warning that some components were still running in the background, however no problems caused by not uninstalling MSE 1st.

Like this post
Newuser38

Likes # 0

Downloaded easilyand updated etc no problem

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

All went without a hitch. I used the Norton removal tool to uninstall NIS 2011 and install took about 4 minutes. It even kept my identity safe settings and details despite the previous uninstall - I had backed up anyway.

Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium.

Like this post
I am Spartacus

Likes # 0

Downloaded and installed without problems, very smooth installation. I uninstalled MS Security Essentials first though.

Like this post
Ford Prefect 01

Likes # 0

No problems here. ASUS netbook with XP Home. Used and uninstalled MSE first.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Downloaded a couple of weeks ago and it installed quickly and smoothly. Running Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit with 4 GB Memory and 2 very large 1TB hard drives. Only a slight problem when activating the product key. It said it couldn't do it and to try again later when in fact it had done it.

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

Win xp - downloaded and installed no problems.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......