We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

SAGE INSTANT ACCOUNTS TEST - and finally.......

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

It's time to draw the test period to a close. Now that you've had a good chance to use the software, and explore its facilities in more detail tell us what you think.

The software can be bought for under £100 - in your opinion is it value for money?

If you've never used a Sage product before did you find it easy to understand?

Any real niggles, or has Sage got it about right?

As promised, all of you will receive a free licence from Sage, but there's a procedure to go through - I'll email everyone with the details over the next few days.

Perhaps this is a good opportunity to thank you for participating in the test. We think it went fairly well - there's certainly been some high-quality feedback for Sage to digest.

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

Can see where you are coming from - and agree, that particular aspect is not ideal.

I have used Sage for many years and think it has come on leaps and bounds. I often recall accounting accounting manually and could never go back to it!

The avenues of help are also good -

"With Sage Instant Accounts you will now receive SageCover Online Support, with email support, access to the Ask Sage database and Health & Safety advice (available on first purchase and upgrades from v12 or below)".

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Thanks. Looking forward to starting for real:-))

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

It is a good buy at £100.
Ideal for small business.Try it - you will then see it is worth buying.
The help section is very good and easy to find the solution to any problems/questions.
Sage have produced a comprehensive accounts package.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Out of interest I have just uninstalled Sage - again.

I then reinstalled it and it immediately asked for my password and returned me to EXACTLY the same position that I was in prior to uninstalling.

I had uninstalled it via control panel and then deleted all of the folders I could find on my 'C' drive.

What is concerning is that, on the basis that I start to use Sage in earnest rather than creating a dummy company for testing purposes, how on earth am I going to set it up for a new, genuine, company on the same computer?

Like this post
ajm

Likes # 0

Using MS Accounting Pro on a daily basis, I personally would NOT purchase Sage as I found it not as easy and straightforward to use as I have found MS Accounting, especially with generating quotes, invoices, adding stock, customers, etc. With MS Accounting, there were a lot of templates for invoices, cash sales, quotes, credit notes that I could customise to my business needs including inserting my logo, customising certain fields, etc.

With Sage, I found out that I had to do a lot of the common things from scratch and found it daunting and taking too long.

During my tenure as a sales advisor with a IT company, I used to recommend Sage to business clients and those who purchased Sage had told me that the learing curve was steep.

However, for someone who has the time to put in the effort in setting up Sage correctly, I am sure the benefits will outweigh the time and effort spent, with the backup aand support availalable.

my verdict : I will continue to use MS Accounting as it ticks all the right boxes for me and I have great accountant who deals with all the nitty gritty once I have exported my accounts to excel for him.

Like this post
mark2

Likes # 0

as dogsbody, mot tester, receptionist, bookkeeper bla bla, currently using quickbooks I've found it easy to get to grips with, there are some differences between the 2, sage refers to vat codes as t0,t1,t2 etc. quickbooks as exempt, zero, etc A read of the help files soon showed me where to go. I like the batch invoicing and crediting for purchases. The same may be in qbooks too, but I haven't been permitted to tinker to find it. A good solid accounts program for a small business I feel and under £100.

If just starting a new business it will be ideal.

Like this post
mark2

Likes # 0

When you shutdown after backup the screen gives you an option to rebuild your data, this clears it ALL including the company name. Enabling you to make a fresh start.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Thanks for that.

I was sure there had to be a way of clearing everything but blowed if I could find it!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I should stress that this isn't beta software - you've been testing the full release version.

Like this post
Chaz10

Likes # 0

I have to say that I’m very impressed with this product and after a few minor problems that were user error (thanks to the FE for sorting it out) it is well worth the £100 that Sage are asking for it, I stopped using Sage products many years ago as I found them to complicated and switched to Microsoft products but this version is now my preferred choice and will be using from now on.

One question is niggling me is that as this version is not a beta release but the final one, why are Sage asking what we think?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015