We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

SAGE INSTANT ACCOUNTS - anything missing?

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

By now you should have become more familiar with this software, and you should have had time to discover whether it covers all the bases - is there anything which in your opinion is missing, or anything that could be usefully added?

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

What we already have is the full version. That is what you downloaded from the site provided via PCA.

The activation key is what will give the software it's status.

All you need to do is burn the downloaded file to a DVD and keep a note of the 'final' activation key.

In the event of a reinstall being necessary carry that out from your DVD, activate it with the final key and restore your files from the back up you will have made.

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

Bloomin heck, this seems complicated. Not sure if I have software to burn to DVD's.

Where do I find the file?

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

Using Windows 7, if that helps.

Also, this software download upgraded my original version.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

The file you originally downloaded for this beta testing came from this site click here

On the basis that you have a DVD Writer fitted to your computer then there is burning software in Windows7.

It's common practice, nowadays, to buy software as a download rather than to pay for hard copies to be delivered in their packaging - not very 'green' either;-)

Purely as a matter of interest, if you have an original, older, version of Sage that has been upgraded by the PCA download does your original activation key work in it?

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

Not sure about my original activation key, as I was not required to use one for this version.

Okay - sorry to be so dim - but the how does the link to the original site help me burn the DVD?

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

I was suggesting that you might want to have a copy of the Sage download file burnt to a DVD and you asked 'Where do I find the file?', hence my response and directions to the site where you can download it from if you have not already got it somewhere else.

Having downloaded the file to your desktop, for example, open Windows Explorer, locate the file and highlight it. Then select 'burn' and follow the instructions. Et Voila! you have a DVD containing the software for Sage Instant Accounts safe for reinstall in the event you have to reformat your computer.

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

Aaah, think I get that.

Will have a go.

Thanks
Cara

Like this post
PrefabSprout

Likes # 0

Anyone else having problems with generating reports either on-screen or printed? If, for example I want a transaction report for the last week for Bank A, I will use the reports button, then select required report category, choose Preview option, but then the whole thing is unresponsive. The actual print dialog box (where you set parameters for the report based on date, transactions, etc) seems to take a long time to appear, and when it does, it’s not focussed - meaning I have to go hunting for it by minimizing all windows - and there it is in the background. This happens with any report generated with Sage.

I'll agree with sunnystaines, its a great software package and I think I will have enough confidence to stop using spreadsheets and move over to Sage, but for now I'm running both side-by-side.

Like this post
ajm

Likes # 0

I am getting an access denied error. "User MANAGER is already logged on machine HPWIN7_10904"

Sage is installed on one machine only running Windows 7 Pro

Like this post
Newuser38

Likes # 0

I have now searched the Help section and it does seem that Instant Accounts Plus is needed to manage the product stock area, mentioned in my previous post. It has also been suggested that Sage 50 may be needed for some who need more detailed and deeper accounting.

I wonder if it might be helpful for beginners to be directed to the help section first from the welcome screen?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Lytro Illum release date, price and specs: Light field camera goes 3D

IDG UK Sites

Tim Cook says Apple aims to be best, not first, hinting that iWatch is coming

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

Fun film festival trailer plays with classic movie scenes