We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

SAGE INSTANT ACCOUNTS - anything missing?

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

By now you should have become more familiar with this software, and you should have had time to discover whether it covers all the bases - is there anything which in your opinion is missing, or anything that could be usefully added?

Like this post
Newuser38

Likes # 0

I see the same difficulty as Pine Man with quotes. If one is producing a product the quote system need to cover product and 'manufacture' in the one quote.

Stock control does not appear to cover stock of 'manufactured items' and purchased products/parts. Which need to be seperate.

It may be that Instant Accounting is not meant for that type of business. It would seem to be fine for a straight buying/sellng business.

Like this post
Proclaimer

Likes # 0

at the same time as creating a new quote and not having to open another pop up window (the account reference window) to enter the new customer details would be nice when I am on the phone, working one handed.

Like this post
Proclaimer

Likes # 0

I would like to be able to resize any pop up windows to suit me. sometimes you can't see enough data in the smaller split screen report windows.

Like this post
Proclaimer

Likes # 0

I would like to be able to search for a Product by Name, it seems I can only search by Product Code and the search 'wizard' makes it even harder to find what I am looking for.

Like this post
Proclaimer

Likes # 0

is there one, I can't see one...

Like this post
Proclaimer

Likes # 0

I can see that I can Convert a Quote to an Invoice in the list of Quotes, I would also like the option to do that from when the Quote is opened up on the screen.

If I had been making changes to the Quote I don't see the point of having to close it before I can convert it to an Invoice, especially if I have to search through the list to find it again.

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

I like the "Sage report Designer" but would prefer if it allowed othe items such as customer details "card" to be modified (Contact Name/Trade Contact) etc.The "card" can be enlarged but i would like the frames/boxs within the "card" to be able to be enlarged as well.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

sage is so extensive going to take ages to fully get to grips with it, really enjoying this one.

I off abroad till june after today so testing will be on hold. what is the position after 30 day trial is up do we get an extension or a full package.

if i get internet access i will visit the foum for updates.

sage has the thumbs up here but is so vast it takes a while to get to grips with it all.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

As far as I'm aware you will receive a new activation key before the 30 day trial expires - you won't need any new software.

The new key can be entered in the activation dialogue, which you access via 'tools/activation/upgrade program.

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

At the risk of labouring a point, apart from a new activation key, what other form of software back up will we have? For example if reformatting a computer.

Having the full version is all well and good, but if something goes wrong and we need to reinstall, how are we to do this?

Am really keen to get this issue sorted out, as I am already well down this line using a previous version of Sage (for which I got a hard copy with my purchase,so no worries there).

I do not want to risk coming unstuck with no hard copy for this version. (Have asked this question before with not response to date).

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone