We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

SAGE INSTANT ACCOUNTS - anything missing?

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

By now you should have become more familiar with this software, and you should have had time to discover whether it covers all the bases - is there anything which in your opinion is missing, or anything that could be usefully added?

Like this post
ajm

Likes # 0

Having used MS Accounting Pro over the last year and half, I have becomed accustomed to right clicking customers invoice and presented with a choice to print the invoice or send it as an pdf attachment through email.
This is missing in Sage.

Like this post
Proclaimer

Likes # 0

I would like to be able to email a quote direct to a customer as soon as I create the quote. As yet I don't even see an option to email a quote let alone do it as I create it.

Like this post
jjss

Likes # 0

To be to able to correct input errors easily without having to reload "yesterday's" backup data. I prefer to have control rather than the software having the control.

Reloading back up data is fine if it's first thing in the morning but I'd hate to make a misstake if it's at the end of a long and tiring day with all the data that would/could have been entered, and then having to re enter it again because of a typo!

Like this post
Proclaimer

Likes # 0

and adding my Logo to the invoice and any other docs would be nice. Even having my logo displayed inside the Software would be a nice cosmetic touch.

Like this post
Chaz10

Likes # 0

Having had a good mess around with Sage over the last few days my rose tinted shades have been removed. Like other users have said, an option to include a company logo would be nice and the fact that you have to issue a credit note because of a minor error is a pain on invoices, adding to the cost of postage as no email option is included, this will become more of an issue over the next few months as most of my customers pay me via BACS so an option to issue an email invoice in my view is essential.
Am I missing something as I can't see any options to do this.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

From the Sage website:-

"If you’re a Sage Pay user you can now add a ‘pay now’ button to your invoices in Instant Accounts for speedy payment. For example, if you send invoices by email you can embed a ‘pay now’ button in your invoice. This lets your customers make immediate card payments online via the Sage Pay website - which provides more flexibility of payment as well helping to improve your cash flow."

As for adding your logo:-

1. When in the Report Designer window, click on the "Picture" button, then left click on the area where you want to add your logo or other image.

2. From the open window browse to the location of your graphic file and click on Open.

3. The selected image or logo appears on the page and can now be resized to appropriately fit your page.

Like this post
mark2

Likes # 0

I haven't found an option for creating another company account in sage, as I can in quickbooks.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

its so extensive, i have not come across anything yet i could suggest to add.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Unless I've got it wrong you can't have one quote for services and products together; ie Supply and fit an item. The goods appear to have to be on one quote and the labour on another.

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

Recording a payment directly from an invoice, I would like to see a 'payment in full' option, rather than having to enter the amount - if that makes sense?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......