We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

SAGE INSTANT ACCOUNTS - initial reactions

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Now that you have installed the software it's time to start using it. Over the next few days please experiment. Explore the software's functions and features, and find out how intuitive it is - do you find your way around fairly easily, or are there things which baffle you?

Like this post
ajm

Likes # 0

Opening the Practice Data shows errors when logging in. After entering the logon details error message says "user MANAGER is already logged in on machine HPWIN7_10904" and closes.

Opening the Demonstration Data sems to be working fine.

I will soon be entering my own business acccounts in Sage alongside to what I am currently using MS Accounting Pro

Like this post
Chaz10

Likes # 0

I found the setup very easy to complete, very clear just entered company details inc VAT etc and was ready to go in approx 2 mins. First thing I did was to enter some customers in the "New Customer" file and enter Products into the database , once this was done invoicing was a breeze, took approx 5 seconds to make a invoice, I have used some Sage products in the past but this is by far the easiest.

Like this post
jjss

Likes # 0

I hear what you say, but surely that defeats the object. If I had a large data base of info, it would seem a lot of work to reload "yesterday's" backup data just for a simple transposal error when a simple correction tool could be made avalible. To delete a complete database would be drastic, or am I still missing something...

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Following an attack by a virus (nothing to do with sage) I have had to restore my PC with Acronis :-(

Prior to this I had carried out a back up of Sage onto a USB stick and the restore process went very smoothly and worked perfectly. The default option for back ups is data only but, luckily, I had ticked all of the boxes and it is back exactly as it was prior to attack :-))

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

tried a couple of non vat exercises all went ok, taking a while to adjust to it after using excel for a long time.

Like this post
PrefabSprout

Likes # 0

Having used spreadsheets for over 10 years to compile accounts, my first impression on starting Sage was 'woah!' this is going to take a bit of learning. I'm running the accounts for a cafe & mobile catering business using regular spreadsheets and now Sage Instant Accounts with a view to moving away from spreadsheets altogether which is why I was keen to try the software. It helps a lot that the financial year starts on May 1st, so I won't need to import any data.

On starting Sage for the first time and having created a user file, etc , I created 2 bank accounts and 2 cash accounts, which seemed fairly straightforward. Then I proceeded to enter a supplier, again fairly simple. Over the next few days, I will start entering transactions, so far so good, the help facility is pretty good, but one thing - unless I'm having a blonde moment, whats "N/C" I keep seeing on Bank Payments transaction forms?

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

It appears no one else is experiencing the "option" missing box's problem nor the missing portion of the words mentioned in my earlier post.

I therefore decided to load "sage" onto another test rig.
This is based on OS XP 32 bit with all the updates.
With this setup the options box's appear ok but part of the printing/words are still missing.
Am I the only one to experience this problem?

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

when you have excel set up just perfect, its very strange adjusting to sage, a very big learning curve i'm finding.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

I have my customers and suppliers. I have my bank accounts and I have prepared quotes, converted them to invoices and taken payments from customers for them BUT I can't get my head around products!

I can add products to the list and in doing so indicate who the supplier is/was, what they cost me and what I am selling them for but when I check my company the cost does not appear in goods purchased or show against the supplier that, I believe, supplied them. Should I be 'purchasing' them in some particular way so that I can, ultimately, pay for them?

Like this post
mark2

Likes # 0

I assume you have received the goods and invoices > suppliers > batch invoice > enter your invoices > save the batch

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips for beginners: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite