We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Virgin Digital Helper - welcome to the beta test

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Those of you who are registered for our latest beta testing session should by now have received two emails from Virgin, so you know who the mystery company is! If you haven't yet received emails don't worry, it will happen within 24 hours.

The emails are automatically generated by Virgin's server, and you may ignore the one that mentions a receipt. The other message will contain information that will enable you to download and register yourself on the server (you should enter your email address, plus the registration code that will be in the email).

Once you have downloaded and installed the software please post in this thread to confirm, and let us know if you had any problems with the download and/or installation/registration.

Please do NOT post any other comments, or start any new threads - as soon as we have everyone with a successful download and installation I'll start further threads in which there will be a series of questions for you to respond to.

We're delighted to be able to work with Virgin in this way on what promises to be an interesting test experience. The company will closely monitor your comments, and changes may be made as a direct result of what you have to say.

Please contact me directly via email if you have any specific questions that aren't answered by what I've said here.

Like this post
anskyber

Likes # 0

The W7 version I run is Home Premium 32bit.

Like this post
anskyber

Likes # 0

Tried again. This time attempted to run the program in compatibility mode as firstly as Vista SP2 then XP SP3 both ending with the orriginal error message. Stumped now.

Like this post
rowdy

Likes # 0

We seem to have a Windows 7 problem with this software

Has anyone suceeded in installing on 64 bit W7 ???

rowdy

Like this post
rowdy

Likes # 0

The operating system is not adequate for running Desktop Digital Helper"

Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

Brand new high spec computer working normally

rowdy

Like this post
bluesbrother

Likes # 0

Logged on to web site using Firefox 3.5.5

On 'Our Services' page the links under 'Also in this section' do not work.

On the 'Answers' page, the 'Highest Rated Items' links do not work nor do the 'Browse & Filter' links. The 'Featured Articles' links do work.

On the 'My Account' page none of the links work.

On trying to install Desktop Helper I get the error message
'The operating system is not adequate for running Desktop Digital Helper'.
I'm running 64bit Windows 7. No sign of any system requirements on the web site.

Like this post
anskyber

Likes # 0

Three emails. Thank you for registering, thank you fot the purchase and sorry to see you go.

Will not load onto W7 Home Premium, ""The operating system is not adequate for running Desktop Digital Helper"

Like this post
cream.

Likes # 0

Downloaded and installed with no problem. Registered and input code.

No problem.

Will not touch program untill given instructions.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

and their site will undoubtedly change to reflect changes as they're made. The cancellation email is obviously an automated server response, and is being wrongly triggered for some reason. each of you has a free subscription account, so you have no need to worry.

Like this post
Rigga

Likes # 0

Now got the 3rd Cancellation email. Same as the others above.

R.

Like this post
Rigga

Likes # 0

Got the 2 emails.

Downloaded and installed no problems.
XP Professional x86.

R.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Chromecast deals aplenty as gadget turns one: Discounts and free music streaming

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

5 ways drones are being used for good