We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Virgin Digital Helper - welcome to the beta test

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Those of you who are registered for our latest beta testing session should by now have received two emails from Virgin, so you know who the mystery company is! If you haven't yet received emails don't worry, it will happen within 24 hours.

The emails are automatically generated by Virgin's server, and you may ignore the one that mentions a receipt. The other message will contain information that will enable you to download and register yourself on the server (you should enter your email address, plus the registration code that will be in the email).

Once you have downloaded and installed the software please post in this thread to confirm, and let us know if you had any problems with the download and/or installation/registration.

Please do NOT post any other comments, or start any new threads - as soon as we have everyone with a successful download and installation I'll start further threads in which there will be a series of questions for you to respond to.

We're delighted to be able to work with Virgin in this way on what promises to be an interesting test experience. The company will closely monitor your comments, and changes may be made as a direct result of what you have to say.

Please contact me directly via email if you have any specific questions that aren't answered by what I've said here.

Like this post
anskyber

Likes # 0

OK point taken. Reins suitably pulled in!

Like this post
anskyber

Likes # 0

Respecting the point which babybell has made I thought it helpful nonetheless to complete the point I raised and report that I have been advised by the helpdesk that there is no search facility in the program.

Like this post
cream.

Likes # 0

Logged on to my account on the Virgin website with no problems. Everything running tickety boo with XP SP3.

Like this post
daconnor

Likes # 0

Installed OK on XP Home SP3

Like this post
Labdweller

Likes # 0

on XP. Appears to be working OK.

I got the cancellation E-mail too.

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

running Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Like this post
ton

Likes # 0

If you read the Closed Account message, it says closed from December 2010.

And you can use it till then - DEC. 2010.

Like this post
Ford Prefect 01

Likes # 0

Still unable to install on Windows 7 Home Premium

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Ford Prefect 01
Likewise I have tried every hour but still the same message. I guess we just need to hang around until the FE appears and tells us what to do.

Like this post
mark2

Likes # 0

XP SP3 Installed smoothly with no problems.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...