We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton 360 - is it working?

raziel08

Likes # 0

I am currently using the beta version of Norton 360 however when i boot my computer up it doesn't appear in the bar at the bottom right of the screen. Also it doesn't seem to load up either. There are occasional times where it will load up and i can update the database however it has been a couple of days since this happened.

can anyone advise on this?

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

I found that in xp only the beta would occasionally loose the icon from the task bar and the desktop shortcut plus opening via program's would not work. no idea why it occasionally turns off.

in my case a reboot solves the problem on a temp basis.

Like this post
raziel08

Likes # 0

hi sunnystaines thanks for the reply. yeah i'm running xp as well so thats probably the answer.

Like this post
joebloggs1

Likes # 0

I am unclear about how long I can run the beta software for. I presently have 13 days left. At that point will I be able to keep it running, or do I need to be making plans to put some other protection in place?
If I do need to remove, what is the best method. Is it just a straight forward uninstall form the Control Panel, or do I need ot get a Norton removal tool like I have needed in the past?

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

"Here's a breakdown of the times:

- 7 days: subscription time for Norton 360 v4 Beta if you don't use the activation key

- 14 days: subscription time if you use the activation key received by email

- 28 days: subscription time if you activate AND use EXPRESS RENEWAL within the BETA

Additionally, you can get a new key from the Beta Center, if your subscription time has lapsed.

The "90 day" text reflects the standard duration for beta testing, and does not reflect the duration of the beta product activation.

Like this post
Newuser38

Likes # 0

sunnystaines
How does one find Beta Control. I have 8 days left of the beta out of the 28 and am hoping to move from beta to full copy for testers.

Like this post
Newuser38

Likes # 0

Sorry Beta Center not control.

Like this post
Newuser38

Likes # 0

Norton are still advising that beta expires in 2 days ???

Like this post
Newuser38

Likes # 0

I was given a new download and key by Norton and now have another 28 days Beta.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

just had a load of problems with the beta [in w7 ok] but in xp it would without warning switch off and i could only get it going again with a restart.today had to reinstall as i could not turn it on, ok now suspect it may clash with adv system care by iobit.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

you did well, just gave me 14 days.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......