We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

IMP beta - and finally.........

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Mixed reactions to the software, and plenty of good feedback - many thanks to all concerned. We're going to wrap up the formal part of the testing process now, but feel free to carry on posting to the three other threads if you wish.

Some people got started later than others, and of course not everyone has the same amount of time to spare for these testing sessions, so take your time, and mention anything that comes to mind - the IMP developers will continue to monitor the threads.

When IMP eventually launches you will all receive a download link to a fully registered copy of the software. That won't happen until early next year, but we won't forget.

See you in the next testing routine - whatever and whenever that might be.

Like this post
Falkyrn

Likes # 0

The developers are to be commended for trying this different approach to the problem of presentations - possibly just a little "too" different for some of us.

Accepting that this is an early beta, the developers have a lot of work ahead of them

Like this post
bazb

Likes # 0

I'm willing to have go at the next beta, it will be interesting to see whats been chosen from the wish list.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

To my mind this program lacked "togetherness" It did some things quite well and others not at all. It was bitty and yes this would be expected in a first beta teat.

Something however just felt wrong about the whole thing. Who is it for?. Is there really a need in the market for such a program?. What's it going to offer that's different to what's already there? Nothing was obvious. Is there a clue in the use of flv video which few use except on the internet.

I'll be surprised if this if this ever reaches the market as anything other than a free giveaway

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

having only used powerpoint before i have nothing else to compare it with, it may have more options but the program needs a major overhaul to be more appealing and to flow better during use, too many bits scattered around instead of on a ribbon or drop down menu, and the start up needs boosting.
nearly forgot make it easier please to insert photos.

just deleted, revo left many stray reg entries which i had to clear up with regseeker.

despite my moans i really enjoyed the testing of it look forward to more beta's perhaps we could re test the final beta before it goes public.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

I wondered if I had missed something, I have noticed that all photos taken with my old digital camera worked ok. they were 415kb but the ones I tried from the camera I have now get lost after saving the slide show. This camera takes photos over 2mb.

Is there a size maximum limit to the programme?

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

I will definitely watch for progress of IMP to see which suggestions are taken up and which don`t feature. It will be interesting to compare this with the final release of the software to see how much `progress` is made between the two.

In common with some others, this was my first experience of beta testing and I leave it with rather mixed feelings. Maybe I shall offer again in the future, at the moment I feel uncertain. I must admit it was different!!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

The developers have told me that there will be another beta version available in about ten days or so, and that it will incorporate many of the changes suggested by our testers. They'll be happy to provide a download link for anyone who is interested, so email me if you would like to be notified.

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

Well its been a few days nowe with this software and I really hope they do implement the changes,

Iv yet to make a working presentation, but as its an early BETA this is to be expected.

Thanks FE for letting me take part in this BETA, although I nearly rage quit a few times lol.

Like this post
Simsy

Likes # 0

I couldn't give this more time...

I did do more "testing" than I actually posted here, but each time I tried I got no further than previous attempts.

I'm afraid I don't see this as being near a product I'd want to use in preference over something else, at the moment.

Obviously as it's a test they're looking for things to improve on. The dealbreaker for me, apart from the changes that will make it EASIER to use, which should be possible I imagine, is the ability to ACTUALLY change the size of the component boxes in each slide. As far as I can see this isn't possible at at at the moment.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

The programme started to look OK at first but it got so frustrating when images just disappeared from the finished slide that it just made you want to ditch it and forget about it.

If they can sort some of the problems it could be a decent programme, we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'