We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

IMP beta - and finally.........

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Mixed reactions to the software, and plenty of good feedback - many thanks to all concerned. We're going to wrap up the formal part of the testing process now, but feel free to carry on posting to the three other threads if you wish.

Some people got started later than others, and of course not everyone has the same amount of time to spare for these testing sessions, so take your time, and mention anything that comes to mind - the IMP developers will continue to monitor the threads.

When IMP eventually launches you will all receive a download link to a fully registered copy of the software. That won't happen until early next year, but we won't forget.

See you in the next testing routine - whatever and whenever that might be.

Like this post
mobileman1953

Likes # 0

thanks for the chance to test the software

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

It was very interesting, and I think a lot of the vented frustration was down to the missing slide bug, which had me thinking that there was something I was doing wrong.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

.. they got something right!

It uninstalls perfectly without a trace left anywhere including the registry.

Like this post
jjss

Likes # 0

Its been my first beta testing of anything in the way of software, while its been frustrating at times, its been fun. Thanks for the "ride".

I wouldn't mind helping out if IMP need further testing prior to RC.

Its given me a little confidence in offering my testing services in the future.

Thanks for the Uninstall info Pine Man, that will save a Image Backup restore.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

thanks quiet enjoy playing around with new software

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

..post above.

Of course you will have to delete the IMP folders provided for your work in 'my documents'.

Like this post
Mark5001

Likes # 0

This could be good little programme when all the bugs are ironed out. I hope for one that the developers take on board some of the excellent suggestions posted by the testers. It was enjoyable to do my first beta test in over 10 years.

Like this post
bazb

Likes # 0

Thanks Peter it didn't hurt at all, just a little frustrating, very glad that I did the beta test.
Will certainly have another go at the next one if allowed.

Won't be removing the software just yet, going to keep on having a play with it when time allowes.

His there any time restriction on using the software?

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

Thanks for arranging this, F.E. Hope there's another soon.

My "and finally" on the program would be that, at the suggested price point, they've got a hell of a task on their hands... but I do wish them well, and will certainly be looking forward to trying the final version out. It's been a blast - and good to see some new names amongst the old 'uns!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I'm told that there's no time restriction. In fact the developers have told me there will be a further beta available for download in the not too distant future if anyone is interested. Just let me know, and I'll ask them to contact me when it's ready.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room