We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

IMP beta - wish list

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Now that some of you have had time to try creating your own presentation you'll have discovered gaps in the functionality - things you wish were there, but aren't.

We've been asked to make suggestions about what kind of function and option additions you might like to see in the finished version. I doubt that the developers will include everything, but they have indicated that they'll be very interested in having your suggestions, so....

What's on your wish-list?

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

5. That the close document should be
away from + and X

6. A text box should be allowed to be placed on each slide without being duplicated on each slide

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

I am aware of the reasons for beta testing even though this is the first time I have ever done any. My point was that having tried it and felt unhappy, I had slept on it and tried again with the past experience at the back of my mind, better knowledge of the manner in which the software worked and a `fresh` start in terms of slides. Unfortunately even with a `clean slate` approach the software disenchanted me and left me feeling much the same as previously; perhaps this was to be expected, but I did try with an open mind and with both the experience of others and my own.

I sincerely hope the developers do make a go of it as a lot of work (and money) has been invested in producing the current offering and it would be sad to see it wasted.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Too cruel? Not a bit of it. Any company that offers a beta to a testing panel does so because it wants 'warts and all' feedback; that's the whole idea behind beta tests.

Some software will come virtually ready for the shops, and some will come full of bugs - there's no predictability about it. Software developers get very close to a project, and for that reason they'll often miss something that stares a beta tester in the face.

Like this post
scarecrow-bill

Likes # 0

Have only been able to download from link provided TODAY, Thought it may have been closd by now but appears not.
Looking forward to having a play around.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

App cloning: the mobile software industry’s hidden shame

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features