We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

IMP beta - wish list

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Now that some of you have had time to try creating your own presentation you'll have discovered gaps in the functionality - things you wish were there, but aren't.

We've been asked to make suggestions about what kind of function and option additions you might like to see in the finished version. I doubt that the developers will include everything, but they have indicated that they'll be very interested in having your suggestions, so....

What's on your wish-list?

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Never used anything like this so don't no if the other progams can do it but I would like to be able to have multiple videos runing in seperate boxes or a video and some pictures in other boxes.. At the moment if you have a video runnning you can't even display a still picture in another box

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

You can resize images with the scaling tool on the right, below the import images tool.

There's also an image rotation tool there as well, which is quite neat...

Like this post
babybell

Likes # 0

Quicker loading time.

'Esc' function to exit a preview of a slide show. Having to click the 'x' all the time is a pain.

Tidy up of Image Library. At the moment when I open the image library, it overlaps on top of the 'Help' menu behind it and looks untidy.

Being able to highlight text on a slide and when you right click on it, having some options such as quick transition effects or just more options than cut and paste

As previously stated, having all functions fall under the drop down menus at the top. Can be very time consuming to create a slide if your not sure where the button is or what it looks like.

Maybe some kind of "Slide Creation Wizard" just to help beginners on there way.

Finally, a message to warn that you are closing a template without saving it, even if indeed it saves it automatically. Its no good if it doesn't tell you as you just assume you have lost it and start again.

Like this post
Ford Prefect 01

Likes # 0

Being unable to import several pictures at a time is a pain, also the option to centre text vertically as well as horizontally needs to be addressed.

So far I think I would stick with Powerpoint.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"At the moment if you have a video runnning you can't even display a still picture in another box"

Yes you can - or at least I can. I have a sample presentation running with mixed video and static images on the same slide.

There's no doubt that IMP has some functionality issues, and some of them are pretty irritating, but to be honest all early beta software has them. This is not intended to be a Release Candidate - the developers wanted to know what people thought of the overall concept of working with a template-based application. They've told me that they're very grateful for all the feedback we've been providing, and they're already working on lots of the issues we've raised.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Having tried the software again today with a fresh set of slides and a refreshed outlook I still find it very clunky in the interface and unfriendly in the locations of many of the tools/attributes besides being deficient in tools I consider essential.

Other than my previous `wishes` made above I only wish the software had been given a little more thought before it was released for beta testing. It may have elicited a better response than I feel I can offer.

Even if this is to be targetted at the lower end of the market or used to allow those (a bit like me) to gain knowledge of presentation production it really needs, in my opinion, a lot more work.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

The whole idea of beta testing is to reveal faults. I've tested some early betas of software from Microsoft that have hardly been usable.

No doubt IMP will get a lot more work, and there will be later beta versions, but we have to test what we're asked to test.

Personally I think you've all made a pretty good job of this, and if it was my software on test I would be feeling that I had some real value out of the process. I know the developers feel that way too, because they told me today.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I don't know about the rest, but I feel better for you saying that. I've never tested an early software release, so I take it we're not being too cruel then:)

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

Since I've already added quite a few wishes, I'll add a more general one... to have a shufti at a beta 2 release, please?

I think a fairly large number of the comments above were bound to be ironed out in the next few weeks; we've probably just speeded up the "oh.. whoops" stage that all software goes through.

I'd find it easier to really proffer a personal opinion on a slightly later version of this product, so, gizza 'nother go in a couple of months...

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

1. That the image library be dropped or that you can import more than just one picture at a time.

2 That if the library be kept then if you need to close down the photos are also saved in the library.

3. Even though saved the photos do disapear from the photo show , needs to be sorted.

4.Sound/music on the time line

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch R video review: The most desirable Android Wear smartwatch

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming th)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad