We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

IMP beta - presentation creation

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Now that we have plenty of download information we'll move forward.

Could you set about creating a presentation, and feed back on how easy (or otherwise) it was to configure slides, add text/image/video content, and add new slides.

Please don't worry too much at this stage about the complexities of the various options - we'll come to that soon; what we need to know first of all is whether you found it straightforward to move from a blank canvas to a finished presentation with multiple slides.

Like this post
Giant68

Likes # 0

I had as mirrored tool tip as well. I thought that I had imbibed to much red wine or I had an eastern European version.

Giant68

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Havent mastered this yet.Just saved what ive done so far,just one slide,waited 5 minutes for it to save the single slide, then gave up.Havent worked out yet how to create several slides,might need help here.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Had another go at it when I got back home this afternoon, load up time is a bit disconcerting, up to 8 seconds before it appears on screen.

Tried to get a presentation 4 times now and either slides are missing when trying to play it or just nothing, machine just sat there for 20 minutes.

So I thought I must be doing something wrong so asked my daughter to have a try, she uses power point quite a lot for Uni work, her reaction to it was not very good, she gave up after about 1/2 hour.

Like this post
Falkyrn

Likes # 0

Just been using the program to create a couple of presentations involving graphics - total failure

Presentation 1 - a mixture of text and graphics
Text used on each of the first 2 of 4 slides appeared but no images ( I stuck to the stock images for test purposes). Slide 3 using the supplied video file failed to appear -

presentation 2 using imported jpg files - all appear in the program when creating the files and after saving can be found in the "impassets|" folder previously mentioned ( a possible problem when creating a presentation for transfer to another computer). However none of the slides appeared to have images on them when the saved file was tried.

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

First impressions are very bad,

Wont import any of my FLV videos, cant resize images in the program, only basic fonts and very frustrating to use.

Not for the creative mind, I spent most of the time using other programs to get the stuff i wanted to go into the slideshow and then had problems doing what i wanted to do.

Good for entertaining 5 year olds for an hour or so but for serious use i wouldn't use it.

Iv tried to think of positives for this software but as yet iv found none.

This program just left me angry and wanting to wipe it from my pc, but i will stick with it for now.

Like this post
anthonystorey

Likes # 0

made another 4 slide presentation using stock photos
and saved them by clicking save Imp told me it was saving - left it saving and went out for my sunday card school at 7 o clock came back at 2 and its still telling me that its saving shut it down via task manager and it hadnt saved (so very hit and miss )
also you cant seem to have two flv files on one slide and preview them and it only shows one in the completed presentation

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I must admit that with the missing slide problem, I thought it was something that I wasn't doing right. So until everyone else mentioned it, I didn't know it was a problem.

Regarding the templates, I can't select any of them, I can only get the default single box to open at the start of a new creation, and then there doesn't seem any way to get back into the template selection for other slides. Are you only limited to one template per slide show, selected at the beginning?

Am I the only one that can't select a template, or is there something I'm missing that's so obvious, that I can't see it?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

One of the other testers mentioned starting up Power Point that they'd never really used before as a comparison.

I did this too, and as a newbie to making presentations, I found PP easier to use that I suppose it would be. I made a basic 5 slide show very easily in PP within minutes, the first time I've actually done that.

And the thing is, loads of homes and businesses have Power Point as it came with their office suite software. So they in effect it's free if they just start using it!

Like this post
rowdy

Likes # 0

I had three hours of total frustration last, tried several times to make a sensible/useful presentation.
Each time the computer either lost parts of the slide/lost previously completed slides/hung at the save stage and finally crashed.
There is too much wrong in this program at present to allow relative novices to try it out.

From what I have seen I would not be interested in using it even if it did work so I am leaving the test now. I just want this program off my computer.
Good luck to the rest of the team, I hope things improve for you.

rowdy

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Finally worked out how to get several slides into the templates area but when clicking on preview,it only shows the first photo,maybe its me!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad