We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

IMP beta - presentation creation

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Now that we have plenty of download information we'll move forward.

Could you set about creating a presentation, and feed back on how easy (or otherwise) it was to configure slides, add text/image/video content, and add new slides.

Please don't worry too much at this stage about the complexities of the various options - we'll come to that soon; what we need to know first of all is whether you found it straightforward to move from a blank canvas to a finished presentation with multiple slides.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Problem solved. IMP cannot display JPG's. Just went in and changed the show from my pictures to the supplied ones and show plays.
IMS either need to supply an image converter or rewrite the program to display JPG's.

Like this post
Giant68

Likes # 0

Now that I am home from work I have sat down and created a presentation. Nothing too complex, as requested. Just four slides with pictures. After looking around for a way to import pictures from my own collection I gave up and read the posts here, found the import! I’ve now taken my time to look around the interface to see what features it has before I do anything else.
Now i have four slides with my pictures on. Set the build. Saved the presentation. It is still saving. Still waiting...10 minutes down the line now and it is still saving.
Just had a look in task manager and it is using a mighty 866000K, 30x the nearest resource hogger.
Another 5 minutes goes by and I have lost patience with it now. I am going to shut it down and try later.

Giant68

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I have to echo fourm member's findings.

I've used PowerPoint and Illuminatus Opus Presenter and find it's far easier to use these more complex programs than the supposedly easy to use IMP.

I also had a similar problem to MAJ, after building a presentation with 4 slides, 2 of them text only & 2 with images and text and the program simply locked up...

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

... it has caused me to look at Microsoft PowerPoint on my PC, which I have never used.

Wow!

Like this post
Legolas

Likes # 0

Something I discovered was that it does not save imported images when you start a new presentation but you can choose to import all images and video from a previous presentation.

Like this post
Miké

Likes # 0

FE no I certainly hadn't noticed the templates tab, I was thinking that there weren't many choices for slide appearance. So am now trying the various templates out.

I imagine the Image Scaling and rotation sliders will come into there own now.

Like this post
Legolas

Likes # 0

By using the proper template I am able to have my four image slide and have different text on each slide. This has answered my problem on both these counts. I knew it would be down to me not having looked aroung enough.

Like this post
Miké

Likes # 0

You can import Jpg's, use the Camera button on the right. Mind you they aren't saved when you exit IMP.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

This seems to reinforce my feelings about the Tools and Information being in other than centralised locations and with bits and pieces spread over the whole work area.

As this is software aimed at novices and/or relatively inexperieced operators, it would seem more important that a logical and comprehensive approach to the numbers, types and locations of both the Tools and information be taken.

It is difficult to work (or learn) in a formal manner when you are required to play a game of hide and seek with the software being used.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Mike
I can import no problem. The problem is my jpg's won't display. If i swap them out for the supplied images these will then display so I did a 3 pane slide. 2 of theirs 1 of mine. Theirs displayed mine didn't. I can only assume that the program can't display jpgs.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...