We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

IMP beta - presentation creation

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Now that we have plenty of download information we'll move forward.

Could you set about creating a presentation, and feed back on how easy (or otherwise) it was to configure slides, add text/image/video content, and add new slides.

Please don't worry too much at this stage about the complexities of the various options - we'll come to that soon; what we need to know first of all is whether you found it straightforward to move from a blank canvas to a finished presentation with multiple slides.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

I have just done another presentation of 10 slides, I then saved and closed down imp reopened and clicked preview found that 5 of the 10 slides were missing and it would not start.

closed down imp went to document/imp/ and double clicked the presentation name and it started with all the photos there.

Like this post
mark2

Likes # 0

Created a simple 4 slide image presentation, saved without a problem, exported to another pc no problems noted.
Before building a presentation the lack of help files initially led to some head scratching but a little time spent hovering over various icons, reading the tooltips as they popped up was a help.

A simple tutorial to follow would have been a help too.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"Who is this package aimed at?"

From my conversations with the developers I understand that IMP is aimed at complete beginners - people who have no experience with presentations - and small business users who may appreciate the ability to 'brand' IMP with their own templates. When the software is released, business users will be offered a template design service, so they can provide their marketing/sales staff with a ready-to-go company branded application in which to add content.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I assume there'll be a full complement of help files in the final release. It's not unusual for beta versions of software to come without them, or with very basic versions.

Like this post
mark2

Likes # 0

The lack of drag'n'drop or copy paste to the image library seems very awkward, before finding the import image button I'd tried drag drop to the image button, drag drop direct to the slide, drag drop to the image library button and also copy pasted the images wanted into the video and image library within the program files.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

When I closed the presentation and opened it again the slides were blank until I clicked on them at which point the data/images appeared.

I also noted it was necessary to click the `OK` tab to open the presentation rather than simply double clicking the file icon as I usually do.

During a transition I would have expected the `new` slide to be replacing the `old` as the screen rolls this is not the case as far as I can see and the screen remains blank for a short period as a result.

Like this post
Legolas

Likes # 0

As most above I made a simple presentation although on my first attempt IMP Beta wouldn't save it and after a while I closed the app and tried again. It was simple enough to begin with but like others I could not find out how to add more than one pic per slide I wanted to put four on the first slide but it seems it only allows for one per slide. It also does strange things when you try to undo a task.

Another thing I found annoying was when I add text to a header or footer it adds that text to all the slides in the presentation, as I wanted different text on each of my four slides I found this not to be user friendly.

Of course some of the above could be down to me not having explored enough but as there are no help files available it is a bit hit and miss for the time being, nevertheless I am having fun playing around with it.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I wonder if everyone has realised that there's a whole range of different templates for different layouts if you click on the templates tab at bottom left, next to the Timeline tab.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Tried 6 slide presentation First one text in box on background next 5 pictures in box on background.
Preview first slide shows ok next 5 background only no box or pictures.

Like this post
bazb

Likes # 0

First time I opened IMP it froze, had to use task manager to close it, (task manager said the program was still running).

After a short while found the program easy to use, but what a lot of problems.

Started making a short slide show using photo's and text. after finally managing to add some photographs to the image library, only able to do so one at a time, after adding 5 images it refused to accept anymore only showing a delete cross were the new image should have been.

Carried on just using the 5 photos and text. After making 8 slides in the time line, decided to play it, it only showed the slides with text none of the the photo slides could be seen, (Photo's still shown in the time line).

Deleted it all to start again, opened the Image Library, all the previously imported images were missing only the delete cross was still showing for every image. Deleted all the crosses and imported the photo's again, stopped at 4 this time, it was a bit hit and miss this time whether the image imported on the first try or took 2-3 attempts. Did the same slide show again with the same results as before. Saved the slide show and shut IMP down to have a break.

Opened IMP all the images were missing from the
time line, decided to run the presentation, it ran perfect showing all the images even though the images were still missing from the time line.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added